Serenade & Brilliance plus some Vision class ships

mworkman

My understanding is the Centrum aerial shows no longer are offered.  It was a big part of the refurbs Vision and Radiance class ships got in 2010-2011 time range, but there was some issue with performing them (I believe related to safety) and the shows were quietly retired.

1 hour ago, arebee said:

I've seen the shows on other ships, my problem is getting actually "see" the show.  Its so crowded and people get there hour or more early to take the seats and push them to the rails.  Best thing is to watch them practice.

Yes, I agree. I don’t think they ever really thought through how everyone was going to actually SEE the show.  The one and only time I saw one of these Centrum aerial shows,  it was a madhouse around the Centrum.  Nowhere to sit.   Really unsat.

I believe the final demise was the fact that they could not get enough qualified riggers to work on the small ships.

I really enjoyed (what I could see, anyway) the one show we saw.  I guess it was a good idea not thoroughly thought through.

I saw it the previous dinner on the Serenade, but it wasn't offered the summer before in the Brilliance because of an issue with one of the performers. While it was enjoyable and I'm glad I was able to experience it, I'm not sure it was with the effort as you has to get a viewing for will before the show and you ended up waiting longer for the show than it actually lasted.