Loyal to Royal

3 hours ago, Sabrinaklai said:

And Harmony too by May 2019!

Yep - we are booked on the Harmony in May!  :17_heart_eyes:  It will do two, three day sailings when it first arrives before alternating between the seven day Eastern/Western Caribbean routes. 

After having such a good time on the Oasis we wanted to give the Harmony a try, but we won't have a full week of vacation to burn at that time as we will be doing an Alaska cruise the following month.  The three night weekend Harmony cruise in May is perfect for our work schedules.  As a Diamond Plus, we will still be able to eat in the Coastal Kitchen (my wife's favorite) and use the concierge lounge despite only booking a JS.  Love those perks!!  Another reason to stay loyal to RC.  

28 minutes ago, NeonD7 said:

Yep - we are booked on the Harmony in May!  :17_heart_eyes:  It will do two, three day sailings when it first arrives before alternating between the seven day Eastern/Western Caribbean routes. 

After having such a good time on the Oasis we wanted to give the Harmony a try, but we won't have a full week of vacation to burn at that time as we will be doing an Alaska cruise the following month.  The three night weekend Harmony cruise in May is perfect for our work schedules.  As a Diamond Plus, we will still be able to eat in the Coastal Kitchen (my wife's favorite) and use the concierge lounge despite only booking a JS.  Love those perks!!  Another reason to stay loyal to RC.  

If you loved Oasis then you will love Harmony. IMO she is the best Oasis class ship so far. I would go back in a heartbeat. 

13 hours ago, Sabrinaklai said:

That's kind of how I feel about my MSC Seaside cruise coming up.  I am just too intrigued by the Yacht Club concept and the low prices that I have to try it once.  Last night I watched a 1h 23min video on YouTube, it was a full ship tour in a language i did not even understand but that ship is one of the most beautiful ships I have seen.  I'm basically at the point where I will always try to pick Royal but if a really attractive opportunity presents itself then I don't think I would turn it down either.

We had been sailing with Princess for a few years before we started with RCI. I was the opposite of other posters, I called the Windjammer the Horizon Court for a while. Also went looking for the Lido deck.

We did the MSC Divina this past Jan., it was about half what RCI wanted for a New Years sailing. Were satisfied enough to book the Seaside next month(Jan27) and try a YC cabin. I will probably be in search of the Windjammer or Schooner Bar... and of course the Viking Crown for the evening drinks and hors d'oeuvres. Oh wait, can't do that ! Just have to wait a bit and see how this plays out.

Our first cruise was on Royal for our honeymoon.  It was a brand new ship, but the crew was constantly cleaning & sprucing things up.  The ship was so nice, the staff so friendly, etc.  We loved everything about it.  We were docked next to a Carnival ship, and from our deck it looked so old & run down.  So, when my Mom & I decided to do a girls' trip, I didn't think twice.  I've never used another line and can't see any reason to.  Royal has never disappointed - even their older ships are so clean & well maintained.

(Also - is it bad when I see friends post cruise pics on FB and I'm zooming in to figure out what line they're on?  My sister-in-law was on Carnival and I was pretty snobby in my thoughts about their pool deck! :51_scream:)

17 hours ago, Stephanie said:

(Also - is it bad when I see friends post cruise pics on FB and I'm zooming in to figure out what line they're on?  My sister-in-law was on Carnival and I was pretty snobby in my thoughts about their pool deck! :51_scream:)

I do it all the time

On 12/12/2017 at 2:51 PM, Sabrinaklai said:

That's kind of how I feel about my MSC Seaside cruise coming up.  I am just too intrigued by the Yacht Club concept and the low prices that I have to try it once.  Last night I watched a 1h 23min video on YouTube, it was a full ship tour in a language i did not even understand but that ship is one of the most beautiful ships I have seen.  I'm basically at the point where I will always try to pick Royal but if a really attractive opportunity presents itself then I don't think I would turn it down either.

I have to admit...I am quite tempted by that foreign lady as well.  I love the ships decor, and having 2 kids of different genders the sofa that turns into a bunkbed is a great idea.  It's only a matter of time until we sail MSC. 

I would call myself a former Loyal to Royal ... first cruise on Carnival, tried Disney but got hooked on Royal and for a time didn't even look at other options. Had a couple of things happen that caused me to consider other options again and frankly finding that the more I look at other options now the more they compete and/or beat Royal. I still look at Royal but have an increasingly hard time justifying to myself why I would choose Royal over a competitor.

Norwegian's newer ships compare well, Carnival's newer ships compare well and like a couple of others have said MSC Seaside is tempting ... giving her a try in May.

I think Royal's older ships have held up much better than Carnival's for example but on the newer ships one line seems to equate new with premium pricing and others not so much ;)