Booking 2019 Deployment

KathyC

Okay, getting a bit annoyed here.  We are in the one-day preview for C&A and I'm pricing a bunch of different options for 2019.   Is it possible RCCL is holding back rooms, not making them available for us today?  One particular sailing supposedly has NO available interior cabins on an entire deck 8.  When I go down a deck to 7, there are 3 available.  But if I go down to deck 6, there are a bunch.  Are they trying to fill the lower decks first, or just not letting us get a head start on all rooms?  There is more than 1 sailing that I'm seeing this type of result on, and quite honestly I don't think there are a lot of C&A members jumping at booking up all the Canada/New England sailings that summer.  I can't possibly have chosen all charter sailings either.

I did a dummy booking for the Anthem July 4 sailing (9 night Bermuda, etc), and was only able to see Decks 9 and 10. I am guessing this has to do with the fact these itineraries were just released on the RC website rather than other decks already being sold out. I looked at refundable inside cabin fares. Frequently, I find my TA can see much more than we can, and I asked for a quote for the June sailings which I hope to get a little later today. I may see about the July sailings if that's what ends up being the group cruise. I am ok with waiting since my TA in on a cruise right now.

51 minutes ago, spiegeje -- DunkelBier_Jay said:

I did a dummy booking for the Anthem July 4 sailing (9 night Bermuda, etc), and was only able to see Decks 9 and 10. I am guessing this has to do with the fact these itineraries were just released on the RC website rather than other decks already being sold out. I looked at refundable inside cabin fares. Frequently, I find my TA can see much more than we can, and I asked for a quote for the June sailings which I hope to get a little later today. I may see about the July sailings if that's what ends up being the group cruise. I am ok with waiting since my TA in on a cruise right now.

We're hoping to go on the group cruise too.  July is hard for us as our college kids are home and it's impossible to know who will be around that summer and who will be working/internship.  We feel guilty leaving them when they are only here for a couple months.  We're debating booking a room for four, then cancelling one or both if needed.  But our goal for 2019 is to get the 11 points we'll need to be Diamond, so will more than likely take two cruises to get that.  Have thought about just doing the group cruise in a junior suite too; I was trying to price out a couple options so when the group cruise is announced we can book.  

Do anyone know if the have released the New England sailings yet in the US? In Europe (Sweden) they are not available on their webpage. Seems strange that Royal exclude some markets during a deployment. Hope they are available soon, have my eyes on a B2B with Anthem in 2019.

1 minute ago, Boston Babe said:

Yes they did up till April 2019.  From NY and Baltimore.  Are you C&A? I signed in under that and they showed up. 

So they were not supposed to release the sailings for the fall today? Yes, I'm but the problem is that I get redirected to the Swedish site if I click on anything outside the "members area". The Swedish webpage is a simplified version of the American site and does not support C&A at all.

25 minutes ago, Lud said:

So they were not supposed to release the sailings for the fall today? Yes, I'm but the problem is that I get redirected to the Swedish site if I click on anything outside the "members area". The Swedish webpage is a simplified version of the American site and does not support C&A at all.

They have them open for the Fall of 2018 and Fall of 2019.  Adventure of the Seas and Anthem from NYC (Cape Liberty) and Grandeur from Baltimore.  Can you call them?

Perhaps @Matt can guide you, but they are open now. I was looking at the same bookings. 

1 minute ago, Boston Babe said:

They have them open for the Fall of 2018 and Fall of 2019.  Adventure of the Seas and Anthem from NYC (Cape Liberty) and Grandeur from Baltimore.  Can you call them?

1 minute ago, Matt said:

The Northeast US 2019-2020 itineraries are released, as of today. Not sure about RC's Swedish site, but as @Boston Babe said, you might consider calling if you aren't seeing the itineraries and prices.

Thanks for the information! I guess there are just some strange delay between the US and European market then. I'll call RC tomorrow  to see if they can access the sailings I'm interested in.

11 hours ago, Boston Babe said:

Great, let us know if calling worked for you!! Good luck!

I didn't have to call RC. The website was updated this morning. Guess RC transferred data during the night. I haven't booked anything yet, need to convince my fiancée but hopefully it'll be a B2B on Anthem (New England and Bermuda) in October 2019. So exited! 

On 7 december 2017 at 2:43 PM, Boston Babe said:

My dream is to do a B2B!!!!! I'm excited for you! You can convince him I'm sure!!:8_laughing:

Thank you! I've now convinced her :10_wink: and we're now booked on a B2B leaving 19th of October 2019 for 14 days. I've a question I'm hoping someone could help me answer.

My plan is to fly in through EWR and then stay for one night at a hotel near the airport. What I can recall the cruise terminal is just like 20 minuts away. In my confirmation it says Cape Liberty, NJ (NY Metro). What does the "NY METRO" stands for? Is it just an explanation that the cruise terminal is in the New York Metropolitan area, or am I missing something?

56 minutes ago, Lud said:

Thank you! I've now convinced her :10_wink: and we're now booked on a B2B leaving 19th of October 2019 for 14 days. I've a question I'm hoping someone could help me answer.

My plan is to fly in through EWR and then stay for one night at a hotel near the airport. What I can recall the cruise terminal is just like 20 minuts away. In my confirmation it says Cape Liberty, NJ (NY Metro). What does the "NY METRO" stands for? Is it just an explanation that the cruise terminal is in the New York Metropolitan area, or am I missing something?

This doesn't answer your question but they just added that NY Metro thing a few weeks ago.

On 2017-12-07 at 8:43 AM, Boston Babe said:

My dream is to do a B2B!!!!! I'm excited for you! You can convince him I'm sure!!:8_laughing:

Lol! Before we got off our cruise this morning I just told my husband at breakfast that I want to go on a B2B so I know what it feels like to watch everybody leave and know that I am not. 

58 minutes ago, Lud said:

What does the "NY METRO" stands for? Is it just an explanation that the cruise terminal is in the New York Metropolitan area, or am I missing something?

Yes, it just tells you that the port is in the New York Metro area. I guess folks were looking for cruises departing from Manhattan Cruise Terminal and giving up when they didn’t see it listed.

1 hour ago, Lud said:

I'm on Anthem now that was out of Cape Liberty (Bayonne) New Jersey.  I am also on a B2B!

I flew into EWR and stayed at the Hilton Airport that has a free shuttle from EWR.  I then took a ride sharing car (Lyft) from the Hilton to Cape Liberty.  It was $23 USD.  You can see my live blog including how the B2B process worked here:

54 minutes ago, twangster said:

I'm on Anthem now that was out of Cape Liberty (Bayonne) New Jersey.  I am also on a B2B!

I flew into EWR and stayed at the Hilton Airport that has a free shuttle from EWR.  I then took a ride sharing car (Lyft) from the Hilton to Cape Liberty.  It was $23 USD.  You can see my live blog including how the B2B process worked here:

Thank you! I'll look in to your Live blog. I'm sure I'll find plenty of good tips and hacks for our cruise:12_slight_smile: