Re-Book a cruise during RC promotion

Rede411

I am booked on 3 cruises...One I booked during last months promotion and got a great deal.  The other 2 I booked back in February onboard another cruise(Next cruise) I haven't paid the balance in full yet...just the deposit.  Am I allowed to re-book under a current promotion or are they just for New bookings only?

Thanks!

~E

It depends on what the promo includes (I know...sorry, such a useless answer !).  Most promos allow you to rebook but (for instance) the weekly Going, Going, Gone sale is for new bookings only.

Just keep in mind that even if you manage to get a better deal on the cruise fare, you will lose any other associated promo items (such as kids sale free, onboard credit, free gratuities or whatever else they may have given you as part of your original "deal") you received.  The GOOD news is that there could be more promo bennies associated with the rebooking so you will just have to weigh whether or not it would be a net gain or a net loss for you to rebook.  If you have a travel agent, they can do the pros and cons for you.  If you booked directly with Royal I have found that the agents are generally very helpful in helping you decide whether the repricing would be a good thing or a bad thing for you.

Bottom line - it can't hurt to call and ask.  

Good luck !

1 hour ago, Rede411 said:

Am I allowed to re-book under a current promotion or are they just for New bookings only?

Thanks!

I booked during a promo in July for a May cruise and when I checked during the WOW promo, my rate dropped $183 and I got an additional $50 in OBC, so it is certainly worth a phone call and quite frankly if you don't like the first answer I would call back! LOL!

13 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

Wait, @Matt, I thought that you could still rebook with a non-refundable fare as long as you did not change the ship, room, and sailing date.

I booked the Alaska GC non-refundable and could re-price under the current promo but I'd lose $100 in OBC for a $20 drop in price so I didn't do it.  I exchanged emails with MEI on this a few hours ago.

I have a cruise that I have re-booked about 4x now...keep pushing it out. It was a cruise I booked onboard with the nextcruise desk.....I have had no issues yet and haven't lost the deposit.

Now with all the different rules it will be hard to keep track but this was booked under the old ones....so far so good so sounds like yours should be as well!

Thank you all !!

The only perks I got when booking back in february was only $100 deposit instead of $200 plus $ 50 onboard credit which is really not that much....I can do so much better.  If I see that Free grautities for suite guests again I will pounce on it!