Mattress Topper

blueyes1961

There are 3 pages about this on a Cruise Critic thread here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2468525&highlight=mattress+topper

It appears that some ships have them and some do not. Seems like they are being faded out. You can try emailing them at special_needs@rccl.com. Tell them your reservation number, ship and sail date.

Or you can submit a special needs request form  on line here: https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/allaboutcruising/guestSpecialNeeds.do

They usually reply within a couple of days.

I can't imagine the practicalities of doing this, but if someone wanted to "waste" a checked suitcase to hold a rolled up / folded / super-compressed mattress topper, would Royal stop that person from bringing it onboard and putting on their bed? Shouldn't be impossible to do, especially if it was a single traveler planning to use it on one twin bed.

I'd think the answer to this is that it would be stopped by security (assuming it showed up as suspicious on the X-ray machine, since it would be a solid blob). Risk of things like bed bugs, lice, etc. is probably something they'd be concerned about, never mind other possible health concerns. But I've got six months to go until my cruise and playing "what if" is a good distraction. :10_wink:

I hate to extend this topic but I must comment.  My wife has had hip replacement and needs a soft mattress otherwise she gets cranky the next day.  And yes, we have an air mattress we take and we have also taken a memory foam topper with us.  Most likely will take it again.  I've been married too long to argue about luggage space.  You remember the saying "If the wife ain't happy, then nobody is happy".  Consider it self preservation.  Don't tell her I said this.  I'm scared of her....   

14 hours ago, Hannah said:

Just call RC by phone request one and they will take care of...simple as that.

But per DocLC above:

On 10/3/2017 at 8:59 AM, DocLC said:

On my last sailing, on was told they were no longer available for hygiene reasons as they couldn't be washed after use. As a result, they used duvets instead. 

So if the OP really does need a true mattress topper (that is, memory foam / egg crate / etc) and not just a fabric duvet under the sheets, they are truly on their own to bring something.

thanks for all the info everybody....so I emailed RC about the mattress topper and got a response today that they will add a mattress topper to my bed....RC has been great to me...everytime I email them they respond back so positive and so far have been able to give me what I asked for....1) distilled water and electric cord 2)table for 2 in the MDR table number has already been assigned...3) mattress topper....thanks RC you are the best for me...41 days..YES YES YES

17 hours ago, blueyes1961 said:

thanks for all the info everybody....so I emailed RC about the mattress topper and got a response today that they will add a mattress topper to my bed....RC has been great to me...everytime I email them they respond back so positive and so far have been able to give me what I asked for....1) distilled water and electric cord 2)table for 2 in the MDR table number has already been assigned...3) mattress topper....thanks RC you are the best for me...41 days..YES YES YES

Don't be surprised if you need to follow up one onboard. I had experiences where I've been told that things would be in my room by Special Needs that weren't. If this is the case with you, just let your stateroom attendant know and they'll take care of it.