Flights out of MIA?

IMO If you self carry your luggage and get off the ship early, totally doable. MIA is only about 20 mins away from the port of Miami. However, curbside Terminal A (assuming this is your terminal) at the port is awful if you debark after 8am so make sure you get leave before that.

3 hours ago, barjpoe said:

thanks, I was afraid of that. I know FLL is doable as it only a few minutes away, but didn't MIA was. drats

Oh...Port Everglades to MIA? If you aren't able to easily self-assist off the ship it may be a stretch.  If it's a weekday the traffic is gonna make it at least an hour ride.

5 hours ago, barjpoe said:

thanks, I was afraid of that. I know FLL is doable as it only a few minutes away, but didn't MIA was. drats

The fact that you are coming in to Port Everglades but leaving out of Miami is a very important detail that was left out. That traffic can be a pain and any little hiccup can make for a very stressful end of a relaxing vacation. I wouldn't do it. 

I think OP meant FLL is very close to PE, making an 11am flight doable. Also, that they did not realize the POM was so close to MIA. Not that they were going from POM to FLL....at least that was my interpretation. 

3 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

I think OP meant FLL is very close to PE, making an 11am flight doable. Also, that they did not realize the POM was so close to MIA. Not that they were going from POM to FLL....at least that was my interpretation. 

correct, sorry , sometimes (most times) I think faster then I type.