Do not book disney springs excursion from port canaveral

Just an fyi.  Do not book the disney spring excursion with the transfer to MCO if you want to get back to the air port.    Currently on a cruise on the adventure of the seas and we had planned on getting back to MCO and spend a couple hours at disney springs to kill some time before our flight.    I checked my excursion time to align with the time we wanted to get off the ship.    Turns out they cancelled our excursion and didn’t tell us so now we are struggling to find a car to kill some time after the cruise and flight in the evening.    we were told there is nothing they can do for us as the even through we booked the excursion through Royal caribbean they are run by companies they don’t control

Excursions get cancelled….it happens. Just because yours was, means all of the ones going there will get cancelled. So telling everyone to avoid this one excursion based on a cancelation is a bit dramatic. What are you expecting Royal to do for an excursion that is not ran by them? You will get a refund.

this was the excursion to get us to the airport.  now there are no car left to book and they cancelled it while we were on the cruise.   the warning is very valid.   don’t book if you are wanting to kill time before going to the airport

1 hour ago, trailers said:

this was the excursion to get us to the airport.  now there are no car left to book and they cancelled it while we were on the cruise.   the warning is very valid.   don’t book if you are wanting to kill time before going to the airport

You could get an Uber, Taxi, and probably even book GoPort. Plenty of ways to still get to the airport from the port without the excursion. The warning really is valid. And if it got cancelled while still on ship, you could even still go online to look for more shuttle services from Port Canaveral. 

I had this excursion cancelled on my Allure cruise in Jan/Feb. I think it is a valid warning as this was probably the 3rd excursion like this........a sightseeing tour that also takes you to the airport.......that was cancelled while I was cruising. There was no explanation, just some random OBC. 

9 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

I had this excursion cancelled on my Allure cruise in Jan/Feb. I think it is a valid warning as this was probably the 3rd excursion like this........a sightseeing tour that also takes you to the airport.......that was cancelled while I was cruising. There was no explanation, just some random OBC. 

But excursions get cancelled. The explanation is probably not enough people booked it. The explanation wouldn't help you get to the airport anyway. I get it then becomes a chore to figure out transportation. However, the original poster made finding back up transportation sound boarder line impossible. And as anyone around here knows from Port Canaveral to Orlando is easy with multiple options. Even last minute. I kind of read it as being put in a difficult situation transportation wise. And I still don't think it is. Inconvenient/Disappointing maybe, at best.

7 hours ago, CanHardlyWait said:

The explanation is probably not enough people booked it.

This is highly likely. We had a similar situation in Fort Lauderdale. We were hoping to book a disembarkation day excursion that included an FLL drop off.

The excursions desk attendant told us that there was not enough interest in the usual post-cruise excursion that offered drop off, so it was not being offered for our cruise.

So, I reluctantly bought a day of internet and booked a rental car to explore on our own for a few hours. Obviously, FLL is very close to port, so rental cars are plentiful.

If I'm reading the OP's second post correctly, though, there may be no more rental cars available near port.

7 minutes ago, SPS said:

This is highly likely. We had a similar situation in Fort Lauderdale. We were hoping to book a disembarkation day excursion that included an FLL drop off.

The excursions desk attendant told us that there was not enough interest in the usual post-cruise excursion that offered drop off, so it was not being offered for our cruise.

So, I reluctantly bought a day of internet and booked a rental car to explore on our own for a few hours. Obviously, FLL is very close to port, so rental cars are plentiful.

If I'm reading the OP's second post correctly, though, there may be no more rental cars available near port.

So you get an Uber or taxi and hang at the airport. Stuff happens.

21 hours ago, trailers said:

Just an fyi.  Do not book the disney spring excursion with the transfer to MCO if you want to get back to the air port.    Currently on a cruise on the adventure of the seas and we had planned on getting back to MCO and spend a couple hours at disney springs to kill some time before our flight.    I checked my excursion time to align with the time we wanted to get off the ship.    Turns out they cancelled our excursion and didn’t tell us so now we are struggling to find a car to kill some time after the cruise and flight in the evening.    we were told there is nothing they can do for us as the even through we booked the excursion through Royal caribbean they are run by companies they don’t control

10 hours ago, trailers said:

If you are on Adventure and returning to port on the 6th as listed. According to my quick search there are rental cars still available. Try searching via Travelocity. 

Again, if not you can Uber, taxi, or book GoPort to return to MCO. Or go to guest services and book Royals transportation back to airport.

You have multiple options.

11 hours ago, CanHardlyWait said:

But excursions get cancelled. The explanation is probably not enough people booked it. The explanation wouldn't help you get to the airport anyway. I get it then becomes a chore to figure out transportation. However, the original poster made finding back up transportation sound boarder line impossible. And as anyone around here knows from Port Canaveral to Orlando is easy with multiple options. Even last minute. I kind of read it as being put in a difficult situation transportation wise. And I still don't think it is. Inconvenient/Disappointing maybe, at best.

While this is true, it can be very frustrating to find out last minute. Plus, in most cases this is often a much more cost-effective option. The sole focus seems to be that there are many transportation options. Not that the OP prebooked this and has a later flight and planned to do this to kill the time. It could be impossible to find a way back if the OP can't afford the cost of a last-minute rental car. 

I was able to get a shuttle from Port Canaveral to MCO as we walked off the ship with no reservations and paying the shuttle service at the port.  Granted MCO is not an exciting place to spend a few hours waiting, but you do have options for getting back to the Airport from the port.  We have had excursions canceled because of lack of interest before, which I suspect may be your case.