A better bar than the Beach Club at Coco Cay?

Every time we visit CocoCay, we head to the Beach Club.  We love the tranquility, the iguanas, chickens, food, but the bar service is just terrible. We order our drinks and 45 minutes later they arrived, with water floaters, as the ice had completely melted. We decided to go to the bar and order our drinks in person. Kid you not, we waited 30 minutes. The bar had maybe 8 people at it, with three bar tenders. They were making drinks orders, probably ours from two hours prior. And yes, we grease the hand with a $5 with every order. I'm starting to think we have SUCKER written on our foreheads. It has been this way every time we've visited the Beach Club the last three visits over 2.5 years. Is there a better place to relax and have reliable bar service at Coco Cay? I mention this on every post-cruise survey.

Edited by Baked Alaska
Clarify title

• Baked Alaska changed the title to A better bar service area at Coco Cay?

We sit by the Oasis Pool in between the Oasis Bar and Chill Grill. I used to walk up to the back of the Oasis Bar and it was busy but no real issues. 2 weeks ago I got my drinks from the little bar window inside Chill Grill and liked that better b/c it seemed like there was A/C in there so the frozen drinks were even more frozen. It was also less busy.

I'm not a fan of using servers, especially outdoors, between the wait and the melt factor but they are constantly walking past us and service seems reasonable there.

Hope that helps.

• Baked Alaska changed the title to A better bar than the Beach Club at Coco Cay?
48 minutes ago, TexanTwoStep said:

Ugh, I hope it's better when we are there.  We'll be on Adventure and the Granduer will be there with us in June.  Hopefully it wont be too crowded and they're able to keep up better.

You nailed the issue! That's the thing: it wasn't crowded at all with Oasis and a Freedom class ship. There were lots of open loungers and pool loungers.

19 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

I'm not a fan of using servers, especially outdoors, between the wait and the melt factor but they are constantly walking past us and service seems reasonable there.

I thought I was the only one... not just on PDCC... but on the ship. We never use the servers on the pool deck and even rarely at the bars- I'm a walk up to the bar and get our drinks kind of guy. I even got "in trouble" on the rising tide because I walked up to the bar to order... he said "I got you this time..but next time use the server please"  

tried the cc beach club last year in january only because we found an $89 rate, I don't think we'll be back.  it's a beautiful area and liked the quiet, but had the same experience with a very slow bar and nonexistent waiter service around the beach chairs, we have been to PDCC several other times and bounced between south beach (i really like the four sided pavilion bar at the entrance to the beach as well as the swim up which, yes, gets crowded) and the Oasis lagoon pool if you're into that vibe (we were).

here's the view looking out from the pavilion bar on SB (with back to the road and the ship looking out towards cabanas on the left, swim up bar from south beach to the right)

image.thumb.png.07fa7f4456bddbcd3c4128c8ec7a9980.png

Number 27 on this map, apparently it's named "coconut willie's"

image.thumb.png.7716a054bc2dd6335302b45347206953.png

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/perfect-day-at-cococay-wayfinding-maps.pdf

18 minutes ago, ScottD said:

I thought I was the only one... not just on PDCC

Yep, same here. I don't have a super strong reason why when I'm indoors but I still get my own drinks.

I think the only time I really order from a server is if we're in the MDR and I didn't grab a drink to bring in (although the assistant waiter isn't really the same thing as a pool deck server) or if we're seated early for a show. Oh, and I order from our server at specialty dining but that's back to the MDR thing.

13 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Yep, same here. I don't have a super strong reason why when I'm indoors but I still get my own drinks.

I think the only time I really order from a server is if we're in the MDR and I didn't grab a drink to bring in (although the assistant waiter isn't really the same thing as a pool deck server) or if we're seated early for a show. Oh, and I order from our server at specialty dining but that's back to the MDR thing.

I think when I was a regular at the bars on land,  I was just so used to getting drinks from the bartender, even at bars that had servers I'd go to the bar...so I guess that sticks with me even when ordering Mocktails on vacation! It's probably the same reason I don't do drive thru... I have to go inside and get my food.