Can you roughly guess your MDR menu by the dress code?

Is white night usually also Italian menu? 

Caribbean = Caribbean (LOL)

French = Formal?

Dress Your Best = Royal Night

The rest on my cruise are all casual nights so not sure there's any way to anticipate those. Just wondering if they coordinate most of the time, with exceptions for special cruises, special events, etc.

Unpopular Opinion (but the truth):

The new MDR menus lines up with the Windjammer menu and tastes exactly the same as in the Windjammer ………. Whatever the Windjammer is serving that night, the MDR is serving the exact same thing ……….. the only difference between the 2 is that the Windjammer has a bigger selection of food choices than the MDR menu and gets your out faster LOL

The only decent dinner food anymore is at Specialty Dining or in the Coastal Kitchen (if you’re in a suite)

I never understood why they have theme nights but they don't tell you until you are on the ship. If they want to "promote" passengers from dressing up caribbean or all white or 70s or whatever, wouldn't it make more sense to send an email or something at least a couple of weeks before the sail date?

Like, do people usually pack 70s style clothes just in case a disco ball appears?

4 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

You can find them in the app.

If they are in the app, they are certainly not easy to find. I just checked any tab I could think of in my upcoming cruise and there was no info on theme nights. I guess I could go to a different sailing on the ship and check - but I'm sure 90% of the guests have no idea about that.

47 minutes ago, JFCruise said:

If they are in the app, they are certainly not easy to find. I just checked any tab I could think of in my upcoming cruise and there was no info on theme nights. I guess I could go to a different sailing on the ship and check - but I'm sure 90% of the guests have no idea about that.

If you look in the daily planner section, the theme should be listed at 5:00pm each night.

If you click on the "welcome aboard" section just under the picture of the ship when you open the app, each day is listed with various info... including the theme.

On 3/8/2024 at 2:37 PM, OCSC Mike said:

If you look in the daily planner section, the theme should be listed at 5:00pm each night.

If you click on the "welcome aboard" section just under the picture of the ship when you open the app, each day is listed with various info... including the theme.

I just checked these for my upcoming sailing in May - and neither is there. And even if it were, my point stands. It would be pretty well hidden and most of the passengers would have no idea about it.