Hotel advice for precruise Orlando DisneyWorld stay

BigKarl

I am thinking of visiting Disneyworld precruise and wish to stay in a hotel near or at the park.  I have never visited this theme park so any suggestions for a hotel and/or additional advice would be greatly appreciated.

24 minutes ago, BigKarl said:

I am thinking of visiting Disneyworld precruise and wish to stay in a hotel near or at the park.  I have never visited this theme park so any suggestions for a hotel and/or additional advice would be greatly appreciated.

There's a lot to unpack here. You did not mention if you are visiting all the parks at Disney or just a selected few. That is going to have impact on where you might want to stay.

If you want the benefits of Early magic hours, parking, late evening hours, early Genie+ access, etc. then you will want to stay on Disney property at one of their resorts. We usually choose the resort that is closest to where we will be spending the majority of our time. When the kids were younger, it was a resort that was close to Magic Kingdom. We chose that because 3 of those hotels (Polynesian, Grand Floridian, Contemporary) are on the monorail loop and parking is the worst (IMO) at MK. If you don't plan to visit MK, then you might select a different one.

If you want to stay off Disney property, there are a few hotels that will still give you park perks. The Dolphin/Swan/Swan Reserve all fall under that. When we sailed Wonder in July 2023, Hubby wanted to visit Hollywood Studios only and we had no kids with us. I wanted nothing to do with Disney Resorts, so the Swan Reserve was a good compromise. It kept us away from the Disney resort craziness, but we still had the perks at the parks.

If there was more info in your post, it might help others to give you better suggestions. Walt Disney World is beast and so complicated. More info is needed.

Are you travelling with kids? Will you have car? What parks do you want to visit? Do you care about the perks offered to Disney Resort guests? 

5 minutes ago, wordell1 said:

If you can afford it, there are some big advantages to staying in the park.  Disney is really 4 parks so you will definitely need to make some decisions depending on how many days you have available.

There are discussion forums like this for Royal but for Disney that might get you more information - I've used https://www.disboards.com/ before. There is a whole strategy also around (if you want to stay on a Disney property) bidding on Priceline or Hotwire to get a better deal, but usually only at certain times of year. There are tiers of on-site properties, value/moderate/deluxe, so there are options and trade offs for different budgets. I'd pop over there and take a look at their hotels section. 

7 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

We chose that because 3 of those hotels (Polynesian, Grand Floridian, Contemporary) are on the monorail loop and parking is the worst (IMO) at MK.

Our old locals trick used to be to park at the Polynesian (you used to be able to just tell the guard at the gate you were going to eat there) and then hop on the monorail from there.

When we do this we prefer to stay outside of the main Disney area. We find you get more space for a lot less. We don’t do parks dawn to dusk or everyday though so probably depends on how much park time you had in mind. Two good apartment style hotels in the local area we have been very happy with are Marriott cypress harbor, and Sheraton vistana villages. 

On 3/3/2024 at 11:20 AM, tonyfsu21 said:

Just outside (if you are Hilton Hhonors):

Hilton Bonnet Creek (amazing)

Hilton Orlando

Have you stayed at these locations before @tonyfsu21? Are they overrun with kids? Dated? I am looking for a place for this July (no kids). Magaritaville Orlando has good rates but I am not sure how many kids are running around there in July. Conrad Orlando is my preference but I am not willing to pay their rates.

4 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Have you stayed at these locations before @tonyfsu21? Are they overrun with kids? Dated? I am looking for a place for this July (no kids). Magaritaville Orlando has good rates but I am not sure how many kids are running around there in July. Conrad Orlando is my preference but I am not willing to pay their rates.

We really enjoy Conrad! Yes, both Hilton Orlando & Bonnet Creek are filled with kids which is probably not what you are looking for. 

• 4 weeks later...

I  currently staying at the Hilton grand vacations Polynesian isle and the suites (I’m in a 2 bed 2 bath) are a little dated (aka have carpet, and bed skirts) but are super clean and come with everything you need. Multiple pools and hot tubs. Tennis courts sports courts etc. free to use bbqs. What I’ve noticed is that most people are retirees. I’ve seen a few kids but they are super quiet. It’s also Canadian spring break in at least a couple provinces so you would think there would be more kids than normal. I’m a teacher and have to travel at this time and this place is perfect and I don’t feel like I’m at work.