Next cruise from the app?

Currently on board Anthem of the seas on our way back to NJ and was always curious about the "next cruise" program and then I saw it on the app itself. I was like huh how does this work and I think I messed up kinda bad. I wanted to just put down 200 bucks and pick a cruise at a later date so I did that but it only had my name on the pending reservations not my wife and kids. I didn't know if I had to add them or pay 200 bucks per person. I was confused and just did another with their names but I don't I had to and I think I now have 2 pending? I hope I explained that so you can understand cause I'm confused myself. Thanks.

7 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

It's $200 flat for an open reservation. I did 3 of these while on Odyssey for NYE and I just used them a few days ago with new deployments. They add the names in later and adjust your deposit.

So I did screw up, oh boy. I made two then. Oops, and thanks for the info. Maybe my TA can fix that? Or I guess I'll just have to book two at some point. Maybe look for another back to back in 2026. We booked already for 2025. We are in Liberty in October this year. 

I guess I screwed up while trying to do this on Harmony a few weeks ago.

I clicked to reserve and got a confirmation and letter received an email with a booking number after disembarkation.

My assumption was that my credit card on file would be charged the $200. However, when we decided on our next cruise and called to make the reservation two weeks later, I was told that my booking number was cancelled for non-payment.

We've purchased 3 or 4 using the app last year for us and for family/friends between the two sailings. You will get a confirmation e-mail with the reservation number, etc. As mentioned above, you add the other names once you actually book a sailing using the NextCruise Book Later reservation number. Same guidelines... book within 60 days to keep the OBC and book within one year or you lose the $200 deposit as well (from the actual Book Later purchase date). Side note: we didn't book our 2025 cruise until 10 months or so after we purchased the Book Later reservation we used and they still gave us the OBC (YMMV).

If you purchase for family or friends, make sure they call rather promptly to update to one of their names on the Book Later reservation (and change the TA if applicable... I think you only have 30 days to change/update the TA). Otherwise, you may be booking a surprise cruise for you and your family down the road!  😆

15 minutes ago, JohnK6404 said:

We've purchased 3 or 4 using the app last year for us and for family/friends between the two sailings. You will get a confirmation e-mail with the reservation number, etc. As mentioned above, you add the other names once you actually book a sailing using the NextCruise Book Later reservation number. Same guidelines... book within 60 days to keep the OBC and book within one year or you lose the $200 deposit as well (from the actual Book Later purchase date). Side note: we didn't book our 2025 cruise until 10 months or so after we purchased the Book Later reservation we used and they still gave us the OBC (YMMV).

If you purchase for family or friends, make sure they call rather promptly to update to one of their names on the Book Later reservation (and change the TA if applicable... I think you only have 30 days to change/update the TA). Otherwise, you may be booking a surprise cruise for you and your family down the road!  😆

My TA should get this booking correct? I'm not gonna book for quite a while now. I don't have to do anything TA wise till I book the actual cruise right?

4 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

My TA should get this booking correct? I'm not gonna book for quite a while now. I don't have to do anything TA wise till I book the actual cruise right?

I believe it will default to the current TA in their system (or to Royal if no TA was utilized on the current sailing). I also recall the telephone number they list on the Book Later reservation e-mail is the telephone number they have on file for your TA.

Here is a screenshot of one of our Book Later reservation e-mail attachments:

image.thumb.png.d327a6c9ce09250683f1a0e922284e58.png

2 minutes ago, JohnK6404 said:

I believe it will default to the current TA in their system (or to Royal if no TA was utilized on the current sailing). I also recall the telephone number they list on the Book Later reservation e-mail is the telephone number they have on file for your TA.

Here is a screenshot of one of our Book Later reservation e-mail attachments:

image.thumb.png.d327a6c9ce09250683f1a0e922284e58.png

Excellent news, thanks. I will never book on my own. We always use a TA and found a great one that we are sticking with. 

23 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Can you use it to book a Celebrity cruise?

You can book Celebrity at Next Cruise, however, I don't believe the open bookings from Next Cruise are interchangeable between cruise lines.

For an open booking, you get a reservation number. That reservation goes with you when you apply that open booking. The cruise that you select will have the same reservation number as your open booking and the booking date will actually be the date that you purchased the open booking. So because reservations numbers are not interchangeable between the two lines, logic would say that you cannot use your open booking to book X.

However, I would be pleasantly surprised if someone else has different info and is able to do it.

3 hours ago, RCIfan1912 said:

The "next cruise" desk was able to fix it. I only have one now. Took all of 2 minutes to fix. Can you use it to book a Celebrity cruise? I may try that but we are booked for 2025 already. I don't even see Celebrity cruises 2025 are out yet. Waiting for that. 

You have to specify at nextcruise that you want to buy it for celebrity. They aren't interchangeable,  so if you got one through the app...it'll be for Royal only. 

8 minutes ago, ScottD said:

You have to specify at nextcruise that you want to buy it for celebrity. They aren't interchangeable,  so if you got one through the app...it'll be for Royal only. 

Oh that kinda stinks, but oh no I guess we'll have to do another Royal Caribbean cruise. 🤣 Oh the torture. 🤣