Crown Lounge coffee.

I will be on my first Diamond cruise Sunday on anthem. Just wondering if the crown Lounge has good old regular decaf coffee because sometimes I get up early in the morning and the coffee at the Cafe Promenade is usually not that hot. It has usually been sitting quite a while. I get the room service coffee at 6:00 but lots of times they don't show up till 6:30 and sometimes I get up around 5:00. And yes I am a vintage.

My experience in the Crown Lounge(s). 

Their coffee machine is an automatic, per cup device.  By pushing buttons, you'll have choices of black coffees, regular or unleaded, and these machines have multiple choices of lattes, although not understanding lattes, I cannot tell the difference between any of the choices.

Bottom line, yes, if you want a reasonably hot decaf, they have it.   

maxresdefault.jpg

8 minutes ago, judgen said:

I will be on my first Diamond cruise Sunday on anthem. Just wondering if the crown Lounge has good old regular decaf coffee because sometimes I get up early in the morning and the coffee at the Cafe Promenade is usually not that hot. It has usually been sitting quite a while. I get the room service coffee at 6:00 but lots of times they don't show up till 6:30 and sometimes I get up around 5:00. And yes I am a vintage.

Yes, the machine has decaf and you can get regular coffee if you don't want something fancier.

One caveat... I go there well before 7am most mornings and the machine is not always available in the early morning hours. This varies by ship and sailing. Sometimes a crew member will be cleaning/prepping it and you have to wait until closer til 7am. Recently, I've had no problem getting my cappuccino at 6-6:30am so not trying to discourage you, just sharing info.

BTW, congrats on Diamond! That machine is probably my 2nd favorite perk after my drink vouchers.

I do love those machines but IMO the grounds reservoir isn't big enough... most of the time when the machine is "down" it's because the little box where the coffee grounds are shunted to is full. Are guests supposed to empty it? No way. Have I been known to if I'm there by myself with no witnesses?  Maybe... 

2 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I empty the grounds all the time !  The only thing I've found that you cannot do is add milk to the milk container.  They usually lock up the milk, which is wise.

I never even considered this, but I am not opposed to doing so.

Next time, if necessary, I'll look into it.🤔 

38 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

It's not hard to figure out. Depending on the model, there's a drawer somewhere that just slides right out. Dump it in the trash and slide it back in and you're good to go.

On Allure a couple of weeks ago I had no trouble figuring out how to pull the grounds drawer out….i had more trouble finding a place to dump them without creating a hazardous waste site !  😜😜. Finally opened a lower cabinet door and found a trash bin underneath.