Port Everglades Hotels, Parking, and Dining Suggestions

We have flown to FLL frequently but usually sail from Miami.

We may be driving to Port Everglades for a cruise and looking for hotel with extended parking options, close enough to dining and groceries/pharmacy, and easy to get to port and airport (free shuttles perhaps?).

If no hotels offer a park/and/stay option, what is the parking like at the cruise terminal and what is daily cost?

What say you wise and all knowing forum members, hit me with your best ideas!

We stay at the Embassy Suites on 17th a lot. It hits the close to port, airport, and shopping/dining. 

The hotel itself is meh and overpriced for an Embassy Suites, but it's convenient for cruising.

We drive and park at the port for convenience. It's cheaper than the parking at Port of Miami by far.

There are quite a few hotels in that area. Most have airport shuttles for free and offer a for-fee port shuttle. 

21 hours ago, Va4fam said:

We have flown to FLL frequently but usually sail from Miami.

We may be driving to Port Everglades for a cruise and looking for hotel with extended parking options, close enough to dining and groceries/pharmacy, and easy to get to port and airport (free shuttles perhaps?).

If no hotels offer a park/and/stay option, what is the parking like at the cruise terminal and what is daily cost?

What say you wise and all knowing forum members, hit me with your best ideas!

Park at the terminal for a quick, convenient and relatively cheap option. Embassy Suites on 17th Street is within walking distance of a Publix shopping center with plenty of dining options. Prices are going to depend heavily on the time of year and expect heavy premiums from Oct - March 31.  

We recently stayed at Marriot at Dania Pointe.  A bit more expensive, but Dania Pointe is an area built for social activities with several bars and numerous restaurants ranging from cheap to pricey.  Walk out of the hotel and it’s all within a few minutes walk.  We’ll stay there again if we go out of Fort Lauderdale again.

3 hours ago, tonyfsu21 said:

Park at the terminal for a quick, convenient and relatively cheap option. Embassy Suites on 17th Street is within walking distance of a Publix shopping center with plenty of dining options. Prices are going to depend heavily on the time of year and expect heavy premiums from Oct - March 31.  

This is our game plan when sailing out of Everglades.

1 hour ago, PatsFanBrian said:

We recently stayed at Marriot at Dania Pointe.  A bit more expensive, but Dania Pointe is an area built for social activities with several bars and numerous restaurants ranging from cheap to pricey.  Walk out of the hotel and it’s all within a few minutes walk.  We’ll stay there again if we go out of Fort Lauderdale again.

Yes, Dania Pointe is a great option for the OP as well considering they have a car and it’s a 10 min drive to Port Everglades. 

Thanks everyone for your helpful responses.   Embassy Suites could be a good fit, we have 12 people (3 kids under age of 7), and typically includes breakfast.   Most of the group will be flying so the shuttles will be key    Publix or Walgreens will be perfect for last minute cruise essentials.   

Things to do in the area the night before the cruise?  Especially for 20 somethings or little kids.

@Lovetocruise2002......what is LaBamba and why will we like it?

1 hour ago, Va4fam said:

It is a fantastic Mexican restaurant with the best fried ice cream and fajitas! And the price is decent. It’s also right next to Publix and Total Wine. The perfect pre-cruise dinner! We go to the one on 17th Street (Cordova road) 

9 hours ago, Va4fam said:

Thanks everyone for your helpful responses.   Embassy Suites could be a good fit, we have 12 people (3 kids under age of 7), and typically includes breakfast.   Most of the group will be flying so the shuttles will be key    Publix or Walgreens will be perfect for last minute cruise essentials.   

Things to do in the area the night before the cruise?  Especially for 20 somethings or little kids.

I wouldn't put too much thought into the shuttle if you opt to stay at the Embassy Suites on 17th street. The shuttle is a hassle and you are stuck waiting on someone else’s time schedule. The port is literally 3 minutes East of Embassy Suites and a $10 Uber ride. La Bamba is fantastic Mexican & Spanish food and a South Florida institution (we have been dining there since the early 90’s). As far as things to do for 20 something’s, let me know what they have in mind and I can make local recommendations. 

2 hours ago, tonyfsu21 said:

I wouldn't put too much thought into the shuttle if you opt to stay at the Embassy Suites on 17th street. The shuttle is a hassle and you are stuck waiting on someone else’s time schedule. The port is literally 3 minutes East of Embassy Suites and a $10 Uber ride. La Bamba is fantastic Mexican & Spanish food and a South Florida institution (we have been dining there since the early 90’s). As far as things to do for 20 something’s, let me know what they have in mind and I can make local recommendations. 

Good point about the shuttle.

The little kids obviously enjoy beach, playgrounds, and fun stuff kids like to do.

The older kids (21-24) like sports, music, pizza, and an adult beverage or 2. 

• 1 month later...

Sorry to jump on this thread.

First cruise out of Lauderdale/Everglades next January and TA has booked us Sonesta on Fort Lauderdale Beach - anybody stayed there? Any reasons not to stay?!

Looks nice enough.

Thanks.

55 minutes ago, Bazza said:

Sorry to jump on this thread.

First cruise out of Lauderdale/Everglades next January and TA has booked us Sonesta on Fort Lauderdale Beach - anybody stayed there? Any reasons not to stay?!

Looks nice enough.

Thanks.

Located at the corner of Sunrise and A1A which is North of the tourist trap action (higher prices food/beverage) happening closer to Las Olas and A1A. Still close to port Everglades (10-15 min UBER). I haven’t heard anything good or bad about the Sonesta. That property was recently renovated and has changed hands many times over the years. If you got a decent price then I would say thumbs up. Greek Islands Taverna is about a 10 minute Uber ride North at Oakland Park Blvd and A1A and I highly recommend if you enjoy Greek food. If you are just looking for a quick bite, walk to Primanti Brothers (2 min walk) for good pizza and even better sandwiches (open 24/7). Good luck.