Crown and Anchor Back-to-Back Question

We are planning on taking 2 back-to-back 7 night cruises with my family and I'm in a solo cabin. I currently have 70 Crown and Anchor points. Since solo cabin is worth double, I'll get 14 points the first leg, and 14 the second. So after the first sailing, I'll achieve Diamond status. My question is, on my second sailing will they honor diamond status? I know it takes a week for the points to update, but if I tell the Crown representative, will they honor it? Thanks!

They will honor your new Diamond status, but only if you speak up.  Normally, points take anywhere from a few days to a couple weeks after a cruise to post to your account.  So at the start of your second cruise, the ship's computer system won't know you are Diamond.  As Patty said, talk to the Loyalty Ambassador during the first cruise so they are aware you are crossing the point threshold.  They will update the ship's local computer system so you will be treated as Diamond even though the main corporate system won't show it yet.

5 hours ago, Jamesszy94 said:

I would assume your second sailing they'd honour your Diamond status, since it's technically a *different* sailing. 

Not automatically since it takes over a week for their own system to process the status change. That's what you have to talk to the Loyalty Ambassador to manually change your status.

We had this happen on one of our B2B sailings. Be sure to talk to the Loyalty Ambassador on the first sailing (earlier the better) about your status upgrade and they can look it up and make the change. They were very nice and it was great to get the free drinks and Crown Lounge (Diamond Lounge back then) access as I do love their coffee machine and the snacks in the morning and evenings. They can also give you your Diamond pin on your second sailing, be sure to visit the Ambassador on the second sailing.

Thanks for replying everyone. We have another question, We have 3 adults, so we want separate beds/cabins, so we're thinking about going with either a junior suite for one leg and 2 inside cabins for another, or 2 balconies for both. Which do yall suggest on doing? Thanks!

Price and ship will matter. A JS on an Oasis class gets the possibility of CK privileges which will break up the monotony of only dining in the WJ or MDR. I would do 2 interiors first and then the JS because the second week would be more so about relaxing. If you love the buffet and MDR  then two balconies were you don't have to worry about changing rooms.

Itinerary might be important too.   Lots of port stops, room time is minimized.

Personally I would prefer having 2 cabins and bathrooms whether that's inside or balcony cabin.

JS and Coastal Kitchen are nice but the price can sometimes be double the cost of a regular room. 

Just to clarify...

Studio cabins for solo cruisers don't earn double points.  These studio solo cabins can only hold one person.

A regular cabin designed for two guests when booked by a solo cruiser will earn double points if you are paying the single supplement fee.

Are you in a studio solo cabin or double occupancy cabin and you are paying the single supplement fee?