Drink Packages....

I'm looking at getting the refreshments package that includes mocktails, as I'm not a big drinker. However, does this mean that everyone in the cabin has to get it too? Can they get a soda package or even nothing at all? My daughter doesn't really drink anything but water. I would like to avoid having to get her one too if I don't have to. TIA

8 minutes ago, Mrs. Thomas said:

I'm looking at getting the refreshments package that includes mocktails, as I'm not a big drinker. However, does this mean that everyone in the cabin has to get it too? Can they get a soda package or even nothing at all? My daughter doesn't really drink anything but water. I would like to avoid having to get her one too if I don't have to. TIA

They don't have to get anything. Only when someone purchases the DBP does everyone in the cabin have to at least get the refreshment package.

8 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

They don't have to get anything. Only when someone purchases the DBP does everyone in the cabin have to at least get the refreshment package.

If I get the refreshments package, will the price of a cocktail be the same or will it be less because of the package? If it's not a lesser price then I could just pay for a shot and get my mocktail for free.

20 minutes ago, Mrs. Thomas said:

If I get the refreshments package, will the price of a cocktail be the same or will it be less because of the package? If it's not a lesser price then I could just pay for a shot and get my mocktail for free.

You'd have to pay for a shot and mix it yourself.

6 hours ago, Mrs. Thomas said:

I’m trying to understand your statement.  But you aren’t getting anything free…you are paying for whatever package you get.  In your example, you will pay for the shot…but you already paid for the mocktail when you bought the refreshment package, no?

9 hours ago, Mrs. Thomas said:

2 hours ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

I’m trying to understand your statement.  But you aren’t getting anything free…you are paying for whatever package you get.  In your example, you will pay for the shot…but you already paid for the mocktail when you bought the refreshment package, no?

I interpreted this as - if she does not get a discount on a cocktail because of having the package, she would rather get her "free" (included in the package she paid for) mocktail and just pay for the shot of liquor on the side, or as a mix in. So @OCSC Mike answered perfectly:

8 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

You'd have to pay for a shot and mix it yourself.

18 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Actually, only adults 21+ have to either also get the DBP, or call Royal and get the the Refreshment package for the non drinker. Under 21 - they can get or not get the refreshment or soda package, as they choose

6 minutes ago, MaryCS62 said:

Actually, only adults 21+ have to either also get the DBP, or call Royal and get the the Refreshment package for the non drinker. Under 21 - they can get or not get the refreshment or soda package, as they choose

Should have added that. Thanks for clarifying.

On 1/16/2024 at 9:26 AM, OCSC Mike said:

Should have added that. Thanks for clarifying.

Got very familiar with the policy when traveling with DD who, while over 21, could not have alcohol - but loved the mocktails, sodas & hot chocolate she could get. Then, due to various health issues, last cruise DH & I took alone, he got DBP and I got Refreshment - needed my specialty coffees, soda & waters, and brought wine for myself for dinner.  We just hit diamond, so get 8 drinks/day between us, and with bringing wine on board, figure we'll do just fine with both of us getting the refreshment package

5 minutes ago, MaryCS62 said:

Got very familiar with the policy when traveling with DD who, while over 21, could not have alcohol - but loved the mocktails, sodas & hot chocolate she could get. Then, due to various health issues, last cruise DH & I took alone, he got DBP and I got Refreshment - needed my specialty coffees, soda & waters, and brought wine for myself for dinner.  We just hit diamond, so get 8 drinks/day between us, and with bringing wine on board, figure we'll do just fine with both of us getting the refreshment package

Are you sure you need the refreshment package now that you're Diamond? (Congrats!)

You can get specialty coffee from the Crown Lounge machine. If that works for you, that leaves you with an awful lot of sodas/juice/water to make it worth it.

No judgment, maybe the coffee machine doesn't have enough variety or you do drink a lot of the other items, just throwing it out there. You can always get the soda package for $10/day or so.

12 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Are you sure you need the refreshment package now that you're Diamond? (Congrats!)

You can get specialty coffee from the Crown Lounge machine. If that works for you, that leaves you with an awful lot of sodas/juice/water to make it worth it.

No judgment, maybe the coffee machine doesn't have enough variety or you do drink a lot of the other items, just throwing it out there. You can always get the soda package for $10/day or so.

Well, this is going to be our first cruise on Diamond (8 day on Vision in March) so we will see what it is like.  I do like to keep bottled water, drink sodas, although it will be more of a pain without the freestyle machines, and we will be using the drink vouchers for alcoholic drinks, and I will probably give 1 or 2 a day to DH, since I don't drink much anymore.  Vision is also a smaller ship, and we've heard that sometimes Diamond cruisers may get limited to the lounge if there are too many Diamond Plus & Pinnacle aboard, so not sure what will happen. 

21 minutes ago, MaryCS62 said:

we've heard that sometimes Diamond cruisers may get limited to the lounge if there are too many Diamond Plus & Pinnacle aboard, so not sure what will happen.

That's only for the nightly happy hour where they serve snacks (5-8pm or so) on certain ships/sailings. You will always have access to the coffee machine in the morning (and all other times it's functional besides possibly happy hour). Just more info for ya.

Enjoy your first cruise as Diamond!

On 1/19/2024 at 10:22 AM, OCSC Mike said:

Is there someone in the Crown Lounge to make the specialty coffee for me?

If not then I will still have to go to the Cafe Promenade to get it done.

I am not a barista.

13 minutes ago, Jolly Ogre said:

Is there someone in the Crown Lounge to make the specialty coffee for me?

If not then I will still have to go to the Cafe Promenade to get it done.

I am not a barista.

No, but if there's a crew member in there they will push the buttons for you and/or teach you how to use the machine. It's very simple.

If you prefer to have a barista make it and use vouchers or pay for your specialty coffee or you have a beverage package, that's fine too. We all have our preferences.

On 1/16/2024 at 12:14 AM, jbrinkm said:

I interpreted this as - if she does not get a discount on a cocktail because of having the package, she would rather get her "free" (included in the package she paid for) mocktail and just pay for the shot of liquor on the side, or as a mix in. So @OCSC Mike answered perfectly:

Yes, when I said "free" I meant that I don't have to pay for it when my cruise is over. (girl math lol) If I decided that I actually want my pina colada a little stronger I can just mix in a shot and save a few dollars. 🙂 Thank you to everyone for your advice!

Hi, I’m curious about the fact all adults would have to purchase the deluxe drinks package. If one adult doesn’t drink (or barely drinks), do they really enforce this or can they give you dispensation?

Also, if I order an alcoholic drink at dinner, can I also order a coke at the same time on the package?

17 minutes ago, Simon84 said:

Hi, I’m curious about the fact all adults would have to purchase the deluxe drinks package. If one adult doesn’t drink (or barely drinks), do they really enforce this or can they give you dispensation?

If you call Royal Caribbean they will allow you to buy one Deluxe Beverage Package as long as the other person purchases the Refreshment Package.