Drink Vouchers for Diamond plus members

BigKarl

11 hours ago, Crown&AnchorEsq said:

Step 1: book double occupancy rooms as BigKarl/BigKarli

Step 4: collect your drink vouchers

I almost got to try this recently as my partner decided not to go last minute, but then I decided to just invite my dad and turn it into a gambling cruise.  My plan was to just see if I could use my partner's card, who wouldn't be on the ship but who's card would be printed, to use their drinks and see how long that would last (1st day, not at all, entire cruise, pay for used ones at the end?).  I couldn't get the solo C&A points anyway since it was booked as a double, so why not at least try to see what happens.  Worst case, "oops, I grabbed the wrong seapass, here's mine" when it doesn't work.  Or maybe pay for all the ones I used on their card at the end which I would have been buying anyway.

24 minutes ago, billdauterive said:

My plan was to just see if I could use my partner's card, who wouldn't be on the ship but who's card would be printed, to use their drinks and see how long that would last (1st day, not at all, entire cruise, pay for used ones at the end?).

Pretty sure when the card is scanned it would show they hadn't checked into the ship yet and you wouldn't be able to charge anything to their account.

On 12/18/2023 at 6:42 AM, BigKarl said:

This sounds so fair to me but it is most likely not happening.  As a single Cruiser paying a Double Cruise fare shouldn't I receive ten drink vouchers per day?   LOL I think I already know the answer.

The number of daily drink vouchers is connected to an individual's C&A status as opposed to a stateroom booking. Each night the voucher count is reset. But...I like the way you think. 🙂

I actually wish they would accumulate and not be lost under 'use or lose' every day. 😐