Aquaclass - is it worth it?

SpeedNoodles

I'm looking at a 2025 11-night, roundtrip sailing from Boston to Quebec City.  It would be my first Celebrity cruise.  Is AquaClass worth the perks? It would be about $2600 more than a regular veranda room.  Or is it one of those things where unless it's in The Retreat, it's not worth the extra cost?

It's personal preference.  Room won't be bigger but think of it more spa based with pillow chooses, slippers, spa showerheads, yoga mats.

Access to Spa thermal suite, spa concierge, priority/disembark, spa discounts, free fitness class,snacks, and Blu Restaurant

It depends what type cruise style you desire.  I would review all the perks for each cabin class and see what's the best fit for your family.  

I agree with everything @SMOKEY0202 said, it’s definitely personal preference.  But unless you love going to the spa, $2,600 would buy quite a bit of specialty dining as well as perhaps a one day spa pass.  I love all the specialty dining restaurants on Celebrity ships, so for me, I’d go with the regular veranda and add specialty dining.  

• 1 month later...

We just got back from our first Celebrity cruise (10-day cruise). We enjoyed eating in the Blu restaurant, much like the Coastal Kitchen. I used the thermal suite daily, but my wife never went. We were able to lower the cost of our cabin by $1,000 after a few months by watching the prices. We had the “All Included” pricing. Make sure the veranda cabin has the “All included” pricing for your comparison. That said, we booked a B2B aqua class cabin for 2026. I still prefer Royal Caribbean but like some of the itineraries on Celebrity.

@SpeedNoodles i'm gonna be honest - we booked an aqua class cabin for our 2025 on ascent because i wanted access to blu and blu alone. the rest of it is perks that we will no doubt enjoy, but i wanted a designated restaurant where we could do breakfast/lunch/dinner and the capacity was limited.

if you are more into specialty OR this doesn't appeal as much, i would bump down to concierge or even their balconies/sunset verandas are really quite nice.

i'd love the retreat but that is like star class dollars to me 🤣

• 3 months later...
On 1/16/2024 at 6:15 PM, asquared17 said:

we booked an aqua class cabin for our 2025 on ascent because i wanted access to blu and blu alone. the rest of it is perks that we will no doubt enjoy, but i wanted a designated restaurant where we could do breakfast/lunch/dinner and the capacity was limited.

Ooooh I am so happy to be reading this after booking my first Celebrity cruise for next year! I had to book Aquaclass because all the verandas were sold out and I can’t stoop to Ocean View. 😂 I didn’t realize Blu was open for breakfast and lunch as well as dinner! Great to hear as we’ll be on 14 nights and thats a loooott of Windjammer potato croquettes (or oops whatever the buffet is called on X). haha can’t wait to read your blog showcasing the Blu menu items!! 

55 minutes ago, DDaley said:

Ooooh I am so happy to be reading this after booking my first Celebrity cruise for next year! I had to book Aquaclass because all the verandas were sold out and I can’t stoop to Ocean View. 😂 I didn’t realize Blu was open for breakfast and lunch as well as dinner! Great to hear as we’ll be on 14 nights and thats a loooott of Windjammer potato croquettes (or oops whatever the buffet is called on X). haha can’t wait to read your blog showcasing the Blu menu items!! 

i GOTCHU my friend!!

i tell myself it's a poor man's coastal kitchen 😂  to be honest, i am not sure that we will be doing lunches in there unless the weather is poor, but breakfast is always such a crapshoot for us since we don't want to miss out on getting seats that we tend not to eat together.

i am REALLY looking forward to having a designated space and crew to interface with instead of the roulette we tend to encounter with MTD in the MDR.

we may shift from royal to X, if the experience is good. now if only they would allow us to use our vouchers.... that would be the real game changer for us.

We just got back two days ago from a 13 day Trans Atlantic on Apex. I booked the aqua class just because this was a cruise for our 35th anniversary coming up June 3 and having a dedicated restaurant seemed like something nice for a special occasion cruise. We did the all inclusive and upgraded the drink package for $6.99 per day per person there very few $10 drinks except for beer and some wines so everything else would hit your stateroom account for $7 each drink. We both used the thermal spa couple of times my wife especially loved it (my wife enjoys torturing herself doing bikram hot yoga me not so much) but I did enjoy the thermal spa. Blu is nice but Blu does not do lunch, at least not on our cruise so your lunch options are Cosmopolitan, Oceanview cafe or any other venue that is open for lunch. We booked early dining but the point of early or late is kind of moot as we just went whenever we were able based on what we had going on at the time. Here's a little tip for people who have an aqua class room. If you can't find something on Blu's dinner menu that you want you can order from any of the other dining venues signature or classic entree's. I'm going to post a review of what I liked and didn't like about the cruise in a few days just currently trying to get my life back together after being gone for so long. Overall we enjoyed Celebrity and we both thought the food quality and service was much better than Royal's has been lately. Not hating on Royal but the food quality and service has suffered a bit since the restart.

1 hour ago, Bmac said:

If you can't find something on Blu's dinner menu that you want you can order from any of the other dining venues signature or classic entree's.

ummm THIS IS HUGE. THANK YOU FOR THIS TIP!!

really looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the cruise itself; i know there are some differences with a transatlantic vs the caribbean cruise we have planned for february, but your insights will be so helpful!!