Wifi? Why would you add 3 people instead of one person W/3 devices?

NoobCruise

We're a party of 4 usually and go the four device route.  Issue is that my wife and I have phones and a laptop for an occasional work check in.  Kids have phones and sometimes a chromebook (if we've taken out of school) or other devices.

So the total actual devices using the 4 dev plan is always >4.  When the 5th device attempts to log in, that login is allowed and one of the other 4 devices is kicked off.  The person who got kicked off, when they find out they are booted, is always mad and thinks the person logging into another device without first logging out of their other device is being rude and they are right.  Problem is, when they are the one doing the kicking, they have compassion for how "easy it is to forget"

So you end up with conflict and struggle over something that should be easy.  Some choose to just buy their way out of that conflict and consider it money well spent.

We buy the 4 dev plan for the savings and will have the talk about logging off before logging in a second, but there will be conflict. 🙂

I always go the cheaper route “sharing” the extra log in(s) with typically no mishaps.  However…I have found if a dropped Wi-Fi does occur, it would be me as the culprit!  Why, you ask?  Well, my less than perfect tech savvy self can never figure out how to log off on one device to use the other!  But…the savings is definitely worth it.

We end up buying the 1 person, 4 device package for the savings - I end up being the only one using a second device in my family but when I blogged in the spring with my second device, I was pretty good about logging on and off, back and forth between the two. 

However, my husband usually has to work during our cruises - sometimes just a little, and sometimes a lot if something comes up (owns his own business). His accountant said to charge the internet to the firm this time after we bought it personally the last two years and he ended up having to use it for work both times. We still ended up doing the shared lines this year but I could see a situation where someone who needs it for work might charge/bill it differently than the rest of the family or traveling partner.