Bid status?

OasisQueen

We sail out on 11/12 on the Harmony.....

We have put in for 3 upgrade bids.....we just received our itinerary with- not the upgrades (LOL)  So what I'm wondering is, if those who have had their bids accepted, did they send you the itinerary with your original room and then new one?  Since they say it can be even up to 2 days before sailing , I'm a little confused if this means we did not infact get upgraded?  I hope this makes sense and any information is helpful.  Thank you.

Not sure exactly what you mean by "received your itinerary" but all your documents and info in the app and on the website will show your original cabin until you win (which can actually be as late as after you board). No one gets rejected this far out.

You can check the status of your bids on the RoyalUp page. They will likely all say "pending" or "submitted" right now. I haven't bid in over a year and forget the terms they use now.

@OasisQueen if you're super curious about what your chances are for getting the Royal Up, you can run through a mock booking on the Royal Caribbean website to see how many rooms are still available in the categories you bid on. That will show you how many rooms are still available.

The other thing to remember is that this is a tool for Royal Caribbean to use in order to not lose money on last minute cancellations. 

Good luck!

39 minutes ago, Cactus527 said:

@OasisQueen if you're super curious about what your chances are for getting the Royal Up, you can run through a mock booking on the Royal Caribbean website to see how many rooms are still available in the categories you bid on. That will show you how many rooms are still available.

The other thing to remember is that this is a tool for Royal Caribbean to use in order to not lose money on last minute cancellations. 

Good luck!

That's not necessarily foolproof though.

Our only successful bid (ironically a min bid) came in 3 days before embarkation.  I had to reprint luggage tags, all the welcome letters in the room were addressed to the old reservation holders, and our special requests were sent to our old room.

We also found some pre-purchased materials (thrill island) were not properly transferred with the reservation.

Not complaining, we appreciated the upgrade, just something to anticipate if you get a last minute royal-up.

On 10/19/2023 at 10:00 AM, SpeedNoodles said:

The earliest that I've been awarded a RoyalUp bid has been 6 days prior to sailing.  The earliest that I've been notified that I have not been awarded a RoyalUp is the afternoon of the sailing when I'm already on the ship.

Same here.....UNTIL YESTERDAY!  We were 12 days out until our Oasis cruise in Miami.  Crazy thing, is this is 2 times in a row for getting the upgrade.  We were awarded one on Wonder in July.  That makes me a moderate professional at the art of upgrading........

That settles it.  In an effort to show love to others.......I officially allow anyone gambling to get an upgrade (find the fun in trying) to call it a CharmMicah68.  Like using a rabbits foot or blowing on dice before a roll.  You're welcome.

Seriously.....I     don't know how it happens.  It feels like dumb luck.

I put in some upgrade bids for our cruise on Symphony leaving 11/18, and just found out yesterday morning (10/20) via email that I won an upgrade!  (From a Junior Suite to a Crown Loft Suite and Sky Class!  Woot woot!)  

Anyway, Royal sent me an updated receipt and itinerary within an hour of the upgrade, and my online Seapass and luggage tag were updated almost instantaneously.  

So in my experience, they have been very on top of the upgrade updates.  

(I am curious about how and when the Concierge services will reach out, but perhaps that is a topic for another thread.)

Hope your upgrade bid is a success!

3 hours ago, Steven2023 said:

I put in some upgrade bids for our cruise on Symphony leaving 11/18, and just found out yesterday morning (10/20) via email that I won an upgrade!  (From a Junior Suite to a Crown Loft Suite and Sky Class!  Woot woot!)  

Anyway, Royal sent me an updated receipt and itinerary within an hour of the upgrade, and my online Seapass and luggage tag were updated almost instantaneously.  

So in my experience, they have been very on top of the upgrade updates.  

(I am curious about how and when the Concierge services will reach out, but perhaps that is a topic for another thread.)

Hope your upgrade bid is a success!

Usually 5-7 days before you sail and congrats.

Hi! We are book for the week of Thanksgiving at the Oasis and just a couple of days got the upgrade bid email. We have cruised for many years, made it to Diamond years ago but have not cruised in the past 5 years. We placed a bid on one of the cabins, interesting though, we have two cabins on our reservation but only one of the cabins was offered the bid "opportunity".  We decided to gamble a bit to move from Sky to Star, on a previous cruise our Genie helped everyone in our party, not only the star cabin guests, crossing our fingers! Let's see what happens! 

2 hours ago, Eleang said:

Hi! We are book for the week of Thanksgiving at the Oasis and just a couple of days got the upgrade bid email. We have cruised for many years, made it to Diamond years ago but have not cruised in the past 5 years. We placed a bid on one of the cabins, interesting though, we have two cabins on our reservation but only one of the cabins was offered the bid "opportunity".  We decided to gamble a bit to move from Sky to Star, on a previous cruise our Genie helped everyone in our party, not only the star cabin guests, crossing our fingers! Let's see what happens! 

So each reservation will be treated as such and just because one is upgraded the other might not.

1 hour ago, Eleang said:

Understood, though it will make sense they would offer the opportunity to bid to both reservations.... who knows!? In any case: happy weather upgraded or not!

Are they the same room?? Because that's what matters. If they don't have need for balcony/interior cabins then RUB won't be offered