Mariner Sep 9th Crowd

I think you will be surprised at how many children will be on Mariner during that week. 

Also, smaller ships will often feel more congested because there is a lack of space. I have done Mariner in Jan, twice, and the number of children and immature people was staggering. 

But it still should be a fun relaxing time as long as the weather holds up.

1 hour ago, Ampurp85 said:

Also, smaller ships will often feel more congested because there is a lack of space.

I've done Voyager twice in October (out of Bayonne) and twice in April. Never really felt that class of ship congested. 

When I did October I don't think there were 50 passengers under 18. But that was a few years back.

I loved the shows on Wonder. But with 3 night dining package and a show reservation each night, it felt like we were always rushing someplace. No dine or show reservations this trip. Just looking forward to letting the days just happen. Our rest before Icon May 4th. LOL.

2 minutes ago, CruiseMsclDad said:

Oh ya that is a fact, though still less than usual 🙂

That's still what I think a little. After labor day makes a little difference. Also, all our Roll Calls read adult only. Fingers crossed 🤞. LOL.

But hey like I said. I did Wonder and soon Icon. I can deal with kids and crowds if I have too. 😆

See ya onboard!

Adventure last year out of NJ in the fall -9 night to New England/Canada.  Couldn’t get over the number of young kids .  I thought it was great-clearly they took advantage of kids sail free. Between the older folks with scooters, wheelchairs and walkers and the families with dingle as well as double strollers the elevators were quite difficult to get in and out of. 

14 minutes ago, CanHardlyWait said:

Oh I know. I'm just guessing on a few less kids after labor day. I'm not bothered by it though. Didn't pick trip specifically with less children in mind. Just started wondering about the possible dynamics of the crowd out of curiosity. Any trip better than no trip. LOL.

You should be okay and I agree.

I did a B2B on Nav in Sept last year after Labor Day.  I was expecting almost no children on that 5N and there were so many. The next cruise was a 3N that started on Mon, full of teens, not many small children. The demographics were all over the place.