Worst case scenario guaranteed OV balcony Liberty of the Seas?

SLM

Hi, Our travel agent has offered us what seems to be an incredibly good deal on a 5-day Bermuda cruise on Liberty of the Seas, if we are willing to do an Ocean View Balcony Guarantee booking. I don't think there are any obstructed balconies on Liberty, although the aft-facing rooms seem to be quite different than all the rest; however, I started a mock booking and it seems that all the aft-section balconies (and forward as well) are sold-out on this sailing. The mock booking also revealed that there are tons of connecting balcony rooms left, and I have heard that noise travels more through the connecting door than a wall; plus I think you lose seating to allow for the door. My main thing in getting a balcony is the opportunity to sit on the balcony and listen to the waves, and this cruise will have a lot of ocean transit time (one reason I picked it). I'm just wondering what people might think are some worst case scenarios for a guaranteed balcony room on Liberty, especially in light of my personal preference of hearing the waves?  Thanks in advance.

You will hear the waves from any of the balconies.

It is true that a connecting room could bleed more noise than one without the connecting door, but noise from the neighboring cabin is more a function of the neighbor than the cabin.  I can't help you with the worst Liberty has to offer.  

If the GTY rate is really great, you would know what the rate would be to select your cabin and then you have to make your choice.  I like to pick my cabin but I have had GTY and not gotten unlucky.  That doesn't mean you won't or will in that regard.

It’s hard for me to give a worst case answer since any balcony would be great as far as I’m concerned.  

My advice to people asking about booking a guaranteed cabin is if they have any concerns about where their cabin will be, then the GTY is probably not for them. 

The cabin availability seen online isn’t always indicative of what is truly available or where a GTY assignment could be.

Interestingly enough, we have in Interior GTY booked on a five night Liberty cruise to Bermuda next May. 

Having cruised on Liberty 15+ times the Oceanview Balconies are fine no matter which one you get. You can sit out on your balcony and hear the ocean all you want. We never really noticed the noise from the neighbor's cabin and yes, it does take some of the room for the door but we never spent much time on the couch/chair. On the next smaller ships the rear balconies have major obstructions but not on the Freedom class ships.

I've sailed Liberty many times.  She's my favorite. 🤗

As far balconies,  connecting has never been a problem for me. There might be a little more noise, but not a lot.

As far as the worst, it was an aft corner. On most ships this is a great cabin. On Liberty, it's small with almost no shade.

Lastly,  GTY doesn't necessarily mean the worst. It means the one that is available when cabins are assigned. I've sailed in them several times and never had a bad one.

I just did a guaranteed balcony in June on Liberty.  I lucked out with almost exactly where I love to be.  My husband has a guaranteed interior booked for Bermuda next week...he got a less than ideal location, but for the price he doesn't care.  I would 100% do the balcony guarantee if the deal is that good (actually I am jealous of my husband's Bermuda cruise and want to do one myself but I need a balcony...which date is this for?)

We booked our first GTY balcony for this Oct on Liberty. I'm not super picky at all about cabins especially with the price we got this cruise for. I'm not really keen on an obstruction but from what I understand there isn't much obstruction to balconies on Liberty. Anthem has the huge lifeboats blocking certain cabins, now that's an obstruction. 

We did bid through Royal UP on all the suites. Still waiting to hear something. Just a tad over minimum. 

On 8/26/2023 at 9:12 AM, RCIfan1912 said:

We booked our first GTY balcony for this Oct on Liberty. I'm not super picky at all about cabins especially with the price we got this cruise for. I'm not really keen on an obstruction but from what I understand there isn't much obstruction to balconies on Liberty. Anthem has the huge lifeboats blocking certain cabins, now that's an obstruction. 

We did bid through Royal UP on all the suites. Still waiting to hear something. Just a tad over minimum. 

Booked my first ever GTY balcony on liberty as well. 3x in a room at just over $700/pp. First time booking a GTY but the current prices are insane. I booked this a little over a month ago and now GTY is no longer available for this sailing and choose your cabin price is $1,370 pp... Liberty doesn't have any obstructed OV balcony cabins, which is the only reason I bit (with a refundable deposit though). Worst case scenario there will be a long walk to the elevators which I'm fine with.

We usually also do an August sailing - but RCI has priced me out. Booking MSC for next summer at almost half the cost of RCI's cabin only rate with MSC's rate having drinks and wifi included.