Royal Up - First time cruisers

I will be cruising Anthem in Nov and it's my first cruise with Royal. How does Royal Up work? Would I get an email if bidding is open on my sailing? 

I have been deleting without reading anything that looks like marketing emails not related to my cruise but maybe should be reading them. Does the email say something like Royal Up or Your upcoming sailing?

3 hours ago, Floatingby said:

I will be cruising Anthem in Nov and it's my first cruise with Royal. How does Royal Up work? Would I get an email if bidding is open on my sailing? 

I have been deleting without reading anything that looks like marketing emails not related to my cruise but maybe should be reading them. Does the email say something like Royal Up or Your upcoming sailing?

If you're afraid that you missed the email, you can always check manually if you're eligible yet at:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/booked/cruise-room-upgrade

It should also be appearing on your main page of your Cruise Planner online if you are, but I know some people like to check all the angles! 

I just got an email yesterday for my Oct 20-30 (Jewel) for Royal Up.  We have never tried the Royal Up before (usually with family and want our cabins to be together.  However, this time it is just the two of us so I bid on the Grand Suite and Jr Suite.  I only bid the minimum just to test the waters so we shall see. I'm not holding my breath but it will be fun watching to see.  Probably won't know until right before (at least that is what I figure). 

1 hour ago, whitsmom said:

I just got an email yesterday for my Oct 20-30 (Jewel) for Royal Up.  We have never tried the Royal Up before (usually with family and want our cabins to be together.  However, this time it is just the two of us so I bid on the Grand Suite and Jr Suite.  I only bid the minimum just to test the waters so we shall see. I'm not holding my breath but it will be fun watching to see.  Probably won't know until right before (at least that is what I figure). 

Yes, I’ve been upgraded on boarding day after boarding the ship once but usually it’s 1-2 days before sailing. Royal up these days is largely a pipe dream so you have the right idea not holding your breath. Good luck 

• 4 weeks later...

We just got confirmation today that we won an upgrade from JS to GS for our 9/17/23 Sailing on Wonder!  So that's 15 days in advance for upgrade notification.  Was a bit surprised it happened so far in advance of sailing since it appeared that this sailing was pretty much sold out.  I was pleasantly surprised this morning. 😁

50 minutes ago, Alanf said:

We just got confirmation today that we won an upgrade from JS to GS for our 9/17/23 Sailing on Wonder!  So that's 15 days in advance for upgrade notification.  Was a bit surprised it happened so far in advance of sailing since it appeared that this sailing was pretty much sold out.  I was pleasantly surprised this morning. 😁

Congrats on the upgrade!