Room servicing and trundle beds

icf75

16 minutes ago, icf75 said:

What should I expect? I would assume that the bed should be put away in the morning at the very least

Sounds like it depends. We plan on asking for night time service, so they have the room cleaned up and beds made after dinner- If they don't come and put the couch back up after day one, I'll just do it myself, but hoping they at least come in and do that real quick when we leave for breakfast

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2023 at 6:47 PM, Traveling Mike said:

I guess I must have had a lazy Cabin Steward.  I just got off the Navigator of the Seas and our Sofa Bed was left open the entire week.

Same here on the Brilliance. The overhead pull down too. Little room to move around. He told us he only comes in once a day. Except to drop off ice along with a printed Cruise Compass.

3 hours ago, Fuzzywuzzy said:

Same here on the Brilliance. The overhead pull down too. Little room to move around. He told us he only comes in once a day. Except to drop off ice along with a printed Cruise Compass.

Makes me appreciate Disney cruise line even more, as they still do twice a day service, including putting away the sofa and Pullman beds. The included room service was nice too. 

On 7/31/2023 at 4:27 AM, ScottD said:

Sounds like it depends. We plan on asking for night time service, so they have the room cleaned up and beds made after dinner- If they don't come and put the couch back up after day one, I'll just do it myself, but hoping they at least come in and do that real quick when we leave for breakfast

If you have to do that, you might as well keep a proportionate share of the gratuities for you outstanding service..

11 hours ago, karl_nj said:

Makes me appreciate Disney cruise line even more, as they still do twice a day service, including putting away the sofa and Pullman beds. The included room service was nice too. 

Stay in a suite on Royal Caribbean. You'll get 2x service + free room service, and I'm betting in many cases a suite on Royal will be cheaper than a standard room on DCL 😆

27 minutes ago, Matt said:

Stay in a suite on Royal Caribbean. You'll get 2x service + free room service, and I'm betting in many cases a suite on Royal will be cheaper than a standard room on DCL 😆

Might have been the case in the past, but have you seen the prices for Icon?  Seems like Royal is creeping up to DCL prices...

But you do have a point.  My 3 night on Wish last week was more expensive then my 7 night on Wonder last summer.  But I was only on Wonder because of a double lift-and-shift starting with a super cheap sailing (including a early COVID re-price) on the non-amped Explorer of the Seas...