Check In: How Far Out??

Hello all,

We have a cruise on the Harmony scheduled for Oct. 15-22. I'd like to be ready for early check in when it opens up and becomes available. Does anyone know about when that may be or how I could find out ahead of time so that I can prepare? I'd like to be as ready as possible for an early check in time.

Thank you all!

On the app, you need nothing to check in.  The app allows you to go directly to selecting an arrival (remember it is NOT a boarding time) time.  Then all other information can be entered at your leisure.  On the website, you will need passport, dates of birth, addresses etc to get to selecting an arrival time.  Personally I grab arrival times at midnight when check in opens up then go to bed.  The rest can wait til I have the time & inclination.

I am about to go on a Med cruise. The app gave one date and the website gave a different one a day later. At 45 days with us leaving out of Barcelona it is 6 pm EST. I tried the app one day and it did not work but it did that time the next day. We picked our check in time first. It will list the name of each person and everything needed under every name. You go to each person and select the option for check in. Then can go and do every step for each person such as scanning in passports, entering the requested information, adding the payment info, and taking your pictures. At 30 days you get an e-mail with your documents including the last page with the luggage tag. There was only one so we made copies. The last step is the day before there will be a health questionnaire.

Love that 45 day mark! I always stay up until midnight the day before check in to get the earliest time slot (we stay right near the port the night before so just a short drive). I have seen where the check-in doesn't open until 5-10 minutes after midnight. I just keep checking (usually on 2 different devices) until it is open. Enter our arrival time, scan passports (if I've thought ahead to get them out of the safe) and leave the rest until the next day.

Figure if I'm coughing up the dough for the drink package; I'd better maximize my time to use it.....(actually it's more due to having a 10 year old who is usually bouncing around the morning of embarkation asking "CAN WE GET ON YET??!" 🤣)

Next check in will be July 5th....I'll likely still be up from the 4th so.....perfect! 

Check-in will always be opened 45 days out from the sailing. That being said, if you're like me, you'll wait a couple days until the actual sailing to complete the online check-in process. Don't wait! I can't emphasize enough the vitality of checking early because it allows to utilize the time to get any travel related issues sorted out, such as a passport that will expire soon. I hope you found this information valuable, have a great cruise!

The early bird yada yada yada.  I am always excited for my cruise.  I can’t imagine waiting until a couple days before sailing to check in or to verify my passport etc is up to date.  Plan to fail - fail to plan.  How many more cliches can I use!

As has been stated.

Check in on the App (phone or tablet) at 45 days and grab your boarding time.

Then sometime later, upload all of your paperwork, pictures and other required stuff via the Website. 

At least for me it was easier than trying to do everything via the app. 

So, it was a 2-step process for me. (1) App, then (2) Website.