Miami hotels

Having no luck with search. Someone hook me up with list/threads etc. Thanks.

Also, any and all suggestions welcome. 

Flying into Miami is more than Ft Lauderdale, but less transportation costs and more straight to the point. But oh God! Between airfare (over $500pp) and pre hotel $$$$ it's hurting already and trip ain't even till next May! LOL. 

But just bought the air and now that's at least done. So Miami hotel advice please 🙏. Thanks!!!

2 hours ago, CanHardlyWait said:

Having no luck with search. Someone hook me up with list/threads etc. Thanks.

Also, any and all suggestions welcome. 

Flying into Miami is more than Ft Lauderdale, but less transportation costs and more straight to the point. But oh God! Between airfare (over $500pp) and pre hotel $$$$ it's hurting already and trip ain't even till next May! LOL. 

But just bought the air and now that's at least done. So Miami hotel advice please 🙏. Thanks!!!

Did you purchase your air fare from air 2 sea?  I’m going to check with TA.  I’m also pricing flight and hotel for my May 2024 cruise.  My cruise is May 18th and I don’t see any flights showing up yet.

6 minutes ago, Gilley said:

Did you purchase your air fare from air 2 sea?  I’m going to check with TA.  I’m also pricing flight and hotel for my May 2024 cruise.  My cruise is May 18th and I don’t see any flights showing up yet.

My trip is Icon May 4th. The air for dates up to May 12th just became available. No air2sea, I do it all myself. I like to pick my seats and pay $60 pp per flight for emergency row for extra room. So came in at well over $550 pp. Miami is so much more $$$$ than Orlando, but what ya gonna do.

We stayed at the Yve hotel... its not a 4 star hotel, but its clean, convenient and affordable..has a nice little restaurant\bar inside, and right down the street from the port (you can see the ships from the rooms) and directly across the street from the bayside marketplace which is a nice spot to walk over to and grab something to eat or just stroll along the waterfront and check out the shops. Also a CVS across the street for last minute toiletries or bottles of wine for the cruise (or the hotel room) 

Last time I stayed in Miami we use Hampton Brickell which we found to be fine for a couple of nights pre-cruise stay. Convenient location and a decent included breakfast. However, this was back in 2019 and I've heard that prices have gone up a lot in that area so I don't know if it's still reasonably priced.

If by any chance you have some sort of affiliation to a sports club, such as being an athlete (don't have to be a pro), a board member or a coach, you can use Hilton's mvp programme which can get you some pretty significant discounts at some of their hotels. You don't have to pay in advance and can cancel with no penalty up to a couple of days before.

You do need to be able to show proof of your sports affiliation at check-in otherwise they charge front desk rates. You also have to be signed up for their loyalty programme to use this. Not all of the hotels will offer the special rate and will instead offer alternatives such as "Honors Discount" so you need to watch out for that.

It might still be a bit too early for next May but you can check out the special website here:

https://www.hilton.com/en/preferred-rates/mvp/

My cruise in November (booked since February and hubby still doesn’t know!!!) 😬 is out of Miami but I booked our flights into FLL since it is so much cheaper and the airport is much easier to navigate!  However…I booked our hotel in Miami.  I love Bayside Marketplace so try to book in that vicinity.  
In the past we’ve stayed at Holiday Inn Port of Miami which is directly across from Bayside…it was just OK for one or two nights.  I would not stay there for more than that.  Our room was in the older section of the building which you could totally tell by the bathroom!!!   Bed was comfortable though!  Last year we stayed at the Comfort Inn & Suites Dwntwn/Brickell which was decent and not too pricey.  A little more walking to get to Bayside but not bad.  
For this November I have both Comfort Inn and Hampton Inn Brickell booked…and as it gets closer I will decide which one to keep.  Hampton Inn is a little further out than Comfort Inn.  Both have complimentary breakfast and Comfort Inn is a little cheaper but not by much.

I found the same thing when I cruised out of Miami.  After a lot of research, I ended up staying at an Airbnb and was happy with the stay.  I took a Lyft from the airport to the house and the next morning an Uber from the house to the cruise port.  I found an Airbnb that was in an older residential area and was very quiet.  It was a 2-story house where the top floor was sectioned off and I never seen the owners.  There were 3 or 4 rooms, 2 shared bathrooms, a setting room and a kitchenette.  The only issue with some people was you have to carry your bags up the stairs on the side of the house.  I paid $60 a night for my stay.

Here is the link for my Miami stay:  https://www.airbnb.com/users/show/12183643 

Here is the link for my Fort Lauderdale stay:  https://www.airbnb.com/users/show/42155778  *** this one was great, she picked me up at the airport and took me to the cruise ship.