My 2023 (post Royal changes) Review of Wonder of the Seas

Here is my comprehensive video review of Wonder of the Seas in 2023. I review the drink package, unlimited dining package, WoW bands, ports of call, and much much more.  Enjoy.

If you don't want to watch it I can sum it up that we will continue to happily cruise with Royal Caribbean. 

Edited by NoobCruise
grammar

Thanks so much, great video fantastic perspective! I loved the way you tell the story. Bonus for the true review, I hate when the videos try to just talk up everything to "sell" the ship and sailing. I watched it twice, first by myself and then with my family. So glad you had a great time.

18 hours ago, Neesa said:

Thanks so much, great video fantastic perspective! I loved the way you tell the story. Bonus for the true review, I hate when the videos try to just talk up everything to "sell" the ship and sailing. I watched it twice, first by myself and then with my family. So glad you had a great time.

This

A really well done video about the ship with real experiences not from someone in the travel business or with any agenda.  When looking at ship videos, I like to see lines and so forth to get a real feel for the environment, but most that show them are poorly done.  Nice job @NoobCruise  Glad you enjoyed your cruise.

Wow, I have to watch this in small portions because I'm at work, but first question is about Cape Liberty...we are sailing out of there in october for the first time, all of my previous cruises have been Port Canaveral or Miami... everything I have read about NJ was that it was a really smooth embarkation process, from parking all the way to on the ship.  When did you sail from there....and what was the issues? Hoping it's all sorted out when we go since it will be almost the end of the "season" up there.  Anyway- looking forward to the rest of this video, wonder will probably be our next cruise so I'm looking forward to this! 

1 hour ago, ScottD said:

When did you sail from there....and what was the issues? 

We sailed out of cape liberty exactly a year ago. Memorial day weekend 2022. While the restart for many ports might have been in 2021 I am pretty sure NJ Cape Liberty had only started up about a month before our sailing. There were definitely some new hire issues but our main problem was have to get an onsite COVID test for our unvaxed 4 year old. There wasn't a proper system in place to distribute the results so that was a mad house and obviously something you won't have to deal with. You will have to deal with the bottle neck getting into the terminal. There is only one road going in and out and it gets backed up. I would bake in 20 to 30 minutes of traffic time once you arrive near the terminal.

I found Cape Liberty a breeze in March.  Of course I had an early arrival time.  Pulled up, dropped the bags with the porters, garage is right there, pulled into the garage and was through security waiting for the ship to clear in like 10 minutes.

On the way out, the parking ramp backed up a bit.

26 minutes ago, Xaa said:

garage is right there, pulled into the garage and was through security waiting for the ship to clear in like 10 minutes.

Yeah our issued 12:30 arrival time didn't help and 6,000 passengers on Oasis didn't help either. How much was a week of parking if you don't mind me asking?

Yeah, parking is 30 a day now... so I'm looking at 240 for the length of the cruise. We are driving up from Philly, so its only around a 90 minute ride. I'm actually thinking of asking a family member if they are willing to drive us, but I think being able to jump in the car and leave after the cruise will be nice, so we'll likely just bite the bullet. Good to know about the breakfast joint... maybe we'll hit that before we park depending on how early our check in time is  (sorry-didn't mean to hijack your awesome review post and turn it into a Cape Liberty post!) 

Great video!  

I've sailed out of Cape Liberty 3 times last year (Feb, July, Oct) and never an issue for us.  We would pull in at 10:20 (10:30 check in) drop luggage off, park, go through security, check in and be on ship by 11 each time.  I will say, watching the line of cars on the top deck around noon getting in is the reason we get early check in.  We will be cruising again next month and October out of Cape Liberty as it's only a 4-hour drive from home.

1 hour ago, Tania said:

Great video!  

I've sailed out of Cape Liberty 3 times last year (Feb, July, Oct) and never an issue for us.  We would pull in at 10:20 (10:30 check in) drop luggage off, park, go through security, check in and be on ship by 11 each time.  I will say, watching the line of cars on the top deck around noon getting in is the reason we get early check in.  We will be cruising again next month and October out of Cape Liberty as it's only a 4-hour drive from home.

What cruise in October? We go Oct 1st on Oasis! 

@NoobCruise Thank you so much for posting this! I haven't watched the whole video but I will. Although I am sailing on a different ship this fall, I have both gluten-free & lactose-free dietary restrictions (actually I am on a Low FODMAP diet, which includes, among other restrictions, gluten free and lactose free). I keep seeing people talk about dining gluten free onboard, never gluten free AND lactose free. So I'm very interested in your travel party's experience.

On 5/24/2023 at 8:12 AM, ScottD said:

Wow, I have to watch this in small portions because I'm at work, but first question is about Cape Liberty...we are sailing out of there in october for the first time, all of my previous cruises have been Port Canaveral or Miami... everything I have read about NJ was that it was a really smooth embarkation process, from parking all the way to on the ship.  When did you sail from there....and what was the issues? Hoping it's all sorted out when we go since it will be almost the end of the "season" up there.  Anyway- looking forward to the rest of this video, wonder will probably be our next cruise so I'm looking forward to this! 

Just chiming in with my son and daughter in law's recent embarkation at Cape Liberty.  They had a boarding check in time of 10:30.  They were a bit early, parked the car and messaged me when they were ordering their first drinks on the ship - at 10:24.  They said it was the fastest they have ever boarded.  

36 minutes ago, Blulady said:

Just chiming in with my son and daughter in law's recent embarkation at Cape Liberty.  They had a boarding check in time of 10:30.  They were a bit early, parked the car and messaged me when they were ordering their first drinks on the ship - at 10:24.  They said it was the fastest they have ever boarded.  

Yes. Everyone I talked to on the ship that didn't have to take a covid test on site said it was about 10 minutes to get on the ship.

• 3 months later...