Wine and cheese board on embarkation?

UrbanMC

1. Is it worth it? I thought it would be a nice touch to have in the room (I'm getting chocolate-covered strawberries for the kids' room). 

2. If we do the white wine, will it be chilled prior to arrival?

We do have the drinks package, so I suppose we could just go out and grab a couple glasses of wine and create a plate from whatever is available in the windjammer...?

1 hour ago, UrbanMC said:

1. Is it worth it? I thought it would be a nice touch to have in the room (I'm getting chocolate-covered strawberries for the kids' room). 

2. If we do the white wine, will it be chilled prior to arrival?

We do have the drinks package, so I suppose we could just go out and grab a couple glasses of wine and create a plate from whatever is available in the windjammer...?

If you have the drink package, I would grab a couple of glasses of wine and some snacks from the WJ.  Don't waste money on something you have already paid for. 

Alternative - you can bring 2 bottles of your own wine on board.  Why bring your own when you already have a drink package? Because you know the wine and you will know you will enjoy it.  If it is a white, just make sure you refrigerate it prior to coming on board.  Put it into an insulated bag to keep cold.  Bring a wine opener. 

As far as 'cheese' - you could always stop at a grocery store and pick up some package cheese, crackers, olives and nuts.  It will save you a trip to WJ.  

Remember,  you won't be allowed into your room until around 2 pm +/- 1 hour. 

I make a run to the buffet and fill a plate with cheeses, meats, olives, crackers and such and create our own charcuterie plate. I actually do this most days before dinner. We have wine and the nosh as a happy hour - get ready for dinner thing.  It takes Mrs Fan longer to get ready for dinner, so I can run out and be back.

I ordered the chocolate strawberries last sailing and won't do that again.  They were finally delivered as we were heading out the door to dinner.  I was hoping to have them at mid-afternoon for our leaving port.

Personally I wouldn’t order it.  There’s no telling if it will be in your cabin when you get there, if delivered while you are out to dinner.

I do get the Diamond plus wine or champagne and any time that’s been delivered it was in ice with 2 glasses.

they delivered cheese and fruit once, no idea what time but by the time I made it back to my cabin the  wrapped Boursin cheese had separated-leaving liquid on the plate and there were no crackers, so useless all around.

I like chilled  chocolate covered strawberries. I was actually in my cabin for their delivery once and they weren’t even cold, so now I know they aren’t necessarily cold and  just sit for hours  before I get to them.  It used to be the strawberries sat on a doily on the plate and I could just throw them in the cooler on the doily since the plate doesn’t fit  but doilies seem to have gone by the wayside  -also won’t  work in interior cabins on older ships with no cooler!