Liberty Dry dock

8 hours ago, Robert M said:

some facebook postings say she will finally get the Freestyle machines added, hoping thats true

My cruise planner for the soda package on a June 15, 2023 sailing on Liberty does say Freestyle beverages, but I don't know if it just says that on all of the planners regardless of if the ship has them or not. 

2 hours ago, JazzBassMan said:

My cruise planner for the soda package on a June 15, 2023 sailing on Liberty does say Freestyle beverages, but I don't know if it just says that on all of the planners regardless of if the ship has them or not. 

I believe it has always said Freestyle regardless of the ships have them or not. 

Note the letter says docked, not dry docked.  

It could be they need to survey and clean the hull before she can enter Canadian waters.  That is commonly done at a pier with divers and does not require entering a shipyard or a true dry dock.   It could be done at any berth, i.e - cruise or cargo pier.  They need to tie up somewhere for a day or two so divers can work uninterrupted.   

They will likely also take the opportunity to have some cranes hoist material up to the upper decks to perform heavy maintenance on areas that would be awkward or impossible with guests present.    Ships are constant work and some of that work is just easier with no guests onboard.