App Check-in and Time Zones Question

Family Cruise coming up this summer with 3 households spread across 4 staterooms.

Online check-in is opening soon per the App splash screen.

Will it go live for everyone at same time - i.e. shortly after mightnight EST the day of - or does it role out amongst local time zones the users find themselves in?

Some of our party are going to be in Hawaii for a conference the day of check-in and will be 6hrs behind the rest of us and my worry is favorable early time slots will be booked by the time they get access if it's based on location...

Thanks

1 hour ago, Xaa said:

It's midnight of the Ship's time which is most usually in the TZ as the departing port.  Same time for everyone regardless of their physical TZ.

Not quite true. Your first part is correct, but it won't be the same for everyone regardless of their physical TZ. Midnight in Florida is 11pm here in Chicago, which might be 2am in California.

OP if you could, meaning the cabins are linked, select a time for all the staterooms on the app. Then each person can go back in and input information at their leisure.

15 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

Not quite true. Your first part is correct, but it won't be the same for everyone regardless of their physical TZ. Midnight in Florida is 11pm here in Chicago, which might be 2am in California.

OP if you could, meaning the cabins are linked, select a time for all the staterooms on the app. Then each person can go back in and input information at their leisure.

I meant the same moment.  Not the same time on the clock.  I can see how my language might lead people to the interpretation you made and away from their target.  Thanks for the clarification. 🙂

I'm going to be signing up for the boarding time for our group.  I know people seem to be going after the early times, but I've heard from several people that the RCL port in Seattle was a chaotic mess.  Has anyone had that problem?  If so, we may want to choose 12 or 12:30 to maybe avoid the initial rush to get on.

1 hour ago, Southern Waters said:

I'm going to be signing up for the boarding time for our group.  I know people seem to be going after the early times, but I've heard from several people that the RCL port in Seattle was a chaotic mess.  Has anyone had that problem?  If so, we may want to choose 12 or 12:30 to maybe avoid the initial rush to get on.

It could be a potential mess no matter what your boarding time is. Ideally if you have a dining package and need to book shows, the earlier times are beneficial. 

1 hour ago, Southern Waters said:

I know people seem to be going after the early times, but I've heard from several people that the RCL port in Seattle was a chaotic mess.  Has anyone had that problem?

It was no more hectic than any other port I've embarked at. (August 2022, 11:00am)

I think the issue may arise if more than one ship is doing it's turn around on your departure day. We had the luxury of Quantum being the only ship in port on a Monday morning.

You can check if other ships are departing on your departure date here:

2023 Sailing Schedule Updated 3.14.23.pdf (portseattle.org)

30 minutes ago, SPS said:

It was no more hectic than any other port I've embarked at. (August 2022, 11:00am)

I think the issue may arise if more than one ship is doing it's turn around on your departure day. We had the luxury of Quantum being the only ship in port on a Monday morning.

You can check if other ships are departing on your departure date here:

2023 Sailing Schedule Updated 3.14.23.pdf (portseattle.org)

Thanks for that link; looks like Celebrity Solstice will be at Pier 91 that day.  I've also checked which ships are in each port by looking at this site but I can't tell which dock (66 or 91) the ships are at:

https://www.cruisetimetables.com/

On 4/13/2023 at 11:57 AM, Southern Waters said:

I'm going to be signing up for the boarding time for our group. 

Are you doing that via the App (phone/tablet) or the Website?  We have 4 cabins.  Mrs Fan and myself, plus 3 grown kids and spouses. Three of us are in Central Time Zone, one in Pacific.  We are sailing out of Seattle on the Quantum OTS in June.

I am retired, have time, and can do the check-in for all of us, but need to understand how that works.  I do have all cabins linked and I can see all 4 cabins on the RCL website.  I'd like to get us all boarding at the same time.

Do I need to check each cabin in one-by-one? 

Is there a "Group" check-in trick to get all 4 at once? 

I know they will need to upload docs, pictures, credit card info and the like. But I would like us to be all together at boarding.

15 minutes ago, FSUFAN said:

Are you doing that via the App (phone/tablet) or the Website?  We have 4 cabins.  Mrs Fan and myself, plus 3 grown kids and spouses. Three of us are in Central Time Zone, one in Pacific.  We are sailing out of Seattle on the Quantum OTS in June.

I am retired, have time, and can do the check-in for all of us, but need to understand how that works.  I do have all cabins linked and I can see all 4 cabins on the RCL website.  I'd like to get us all boarding at the same time.

Do I need to check each cabin in one-by-one? 

Is there a "Group" check-in trick to get all 4 at once? 

I know they will need to upload docs, pictures, credit card info and the like. But I would like us to be all together at boarding.

Check in using the app, you can grab a time for everyone at once.

Then people can fill out the rest of the check-in at their own convenience.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to this board and check-in suggestions. I was able to grab the 10:30 slot for all 4 of our cabins. Today (4/28) was our 45 days out for our sailing out of Seattle on the Quantum OTS (June 12). We had huge storms last night that woke me up.  I got up knowing that it was after midnight Pacific time, so I jumped on my phone thru the App and got the early times I wanted.  Much thanks to all. 👍

On 4/16/2023 at 11:39 AM, smokeybandit said:

Point of emphasis, too. You can pick the check-in time in the app, then use the website to do the rest if you so prefer.

This is a good point. I do this so I can just upload a picture rather than take a selfie. I have pictures of my wife to use of course & she sent me pics to use for her parents so I could crop/upload for them too. She doesn’t have much faith in their technological proficiency. 🤣

On 4/16/2023 at 9:59 AM, Ampurp85 said:

The website won't let you just choose a check-in time. You have to complete everything for everyone. The app let's you select a time without filling anything else out.

But there is sometimes a delay for checkin to become avalible on the app

I can usually complete on the web site before it show up in the App

20 minutes ago, CruiseGus said:

True and good point, but if working properly (big IF, I know), the delay on the app is usually less than 10 minutes. I've never had it let me check-in right at midnight, but usually 12:05-12:08am or so.

If it took much longer than that I'd switch to the site.

21 hours ago, CruiseGus said:

We just did our check-in 4 days ago and since we were aiming for the 12:00 slot, I didn't drag myself out of bed at 2 AM (which is midnight in Seattle).  I did get up at 5:30 that morning and couldn't get through to check in on the app until 6:25, but had no problem getting the slot I wanted.  Guess no one is stampeding for those later slots 😆