Opinion on Wonder vs the other Oasis Class ships

Joe01

I've seen some rather strongly worded posts about the Wonder over on CC and it did make me think about my own cruise there last summer. Obviously had a great time since it's a huge, new ship with so much to offer but I did think at the time that it didn't really have the same vibe as the other 4 ships. Went back to Oasis recently and I think that ship is better overall.

I honestly can't really put my finger on why but something felt a little off. Was the Wonder definitely designed for a different market? There were a few design changes and I'm not sure they needed to be messed with since the Oasis design is second to none. I wonder how Utopia will turn out. 

What were your thoughts on Wonder vs the others? Better, worse, same?

Isn’t Utopia destined for the Asian market? As far as Oasis Class ships, I haven’t been on Wonder yet but we are sailing her in March. As for the remainder of the Oasis class ships I would have to agree that Oasis is ranked pretty high on my list. The Amp was done very well but on top of that I find the crew to vibe well with the ship. We have sailed Oasis 4 time pre & post AMP and it’s always been a great time. I rank Symphony & Harmony up there with the best of them but if we are just talking this particular class I think Oasis is top of the food chain. 

56 minutes ago, tonyfsu21 said:

Isn’t Utopia destined for the Asian market? 

I hope not! It would make much more sense to redeploy Wonder since it was built for the Asian market from the very start (decor, high roller room, no Broadway show, etc.). Fingers-crossed Utopia stays here... I'm curious about the LNG availability in Asian ports for "refueling" (I have no clue)... that may determine if Wonder goes as originally planned to Asia eventually and Utopia stays and homeports here in the US.

19 hours ago, Joe01 said:

I've seen some rather strongly worded posts about the Wonder over on CC and it did make me think about my own cruise there last summer.

Stop.

Online reviews are utterly meaningless, especially a single post: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2020/09/15/why-you-cant-trust-online-reviews-of-cruise-ships

Ignore the post.

Did Oasis and Wonder last fall.  Wonder was new, but understaffed.  Our waiter in MDR tried her best, but her assistant was incredibly incompetent.  Our balcony door also whistled on windy days so there's some adjustments still required for a new settling ship.  The kids liked the minigolf and climbing section by JR better on Wonder though.  Personally I liked the vibe on Oasis more, but I think Wonder will be better once they work out the kinks.