Buying Bottles

SOJA21

Hello Matt,

My family and friends have an upcoming group trip in a couple of months and I have a question.   I called RC and spoke with someone there but they seemed iffy with their answer.   Friends have drink packages but my wife and I don't drink enough to justify paying $1600 to drink, we were wondering if it's possible to buy a bottle of rum on board to enjoy in our room throughout the week on top of the 2 bottles of wine we can bring.  When I called RC the rep told me yes that this is an option, just wanted to confirm.   Thanks, and thanks for making your videos they have been helpful as we prepare for our 1st RC cruise.

17 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

You can buy bottles through the Cruise Planner. Click on your initials and choose Royal Gifts.  Warning, the bottles are smaller, so read the description so you know what you are purchasing.

I have 6 cruises planned on 3 ships, and none of mine have liquor in the cruise planner.  I only have champagne and wine included.  Mine are Brilliance, Liberty, and Adventure.  I just sailed Anthem and didn't have the option either.  Maybe other classes do?

25 minutes ago, sleepy425 said:

I have 6 cruises planned on 3 ships, and none of mine have liquor in the cruise planner.  I only have champagne and wine included.  Mine are Brilliance, Liberty, and Adventure.  I just sailed Anthem and didn't have the option either.  Maybe other classes do?

Try your sailing date and ship here: https://www.royalcaribbean.com/royalgifts/

For whatever reason, the alcohol packages (hard liquor + mixer) don't appear in the cruise planner.

If you are not a big drinker then paying per drink is an easy choice.

If you venture into a bar in any resort town drinks are not free or cheap.  Pick a destination and it costs money to buy a drink at a bar.  Cruise ships are the same.  

As you noted the drink package is $1,600 for two.  When folks are not big drinkers they should consider just paying for whatever drinks they feel like in the moment.  Even if you spend $500 drinking in the moment that is still way cheaper than $1,600.  

The bottles available are typically 375ml or what @Matt considers to a shot.  JK!

375ml = ~ 12 oz.  So if you limit your drinks to just one oz. per drink you get ~12 drinks from that mini bottle.  But who does just one oz. per drink?  

Let's say you do 1.5 shots per drink.  Now you get 8 mixed drinks.  That is cheaper than the bar rate for a cocktail so maybe that's a win for you?  But it means going back to your cabin for every refill. 

You are on vacation.  Maybe going back to the cabin to pour that next drink isn't a great idea and you are willing to pay more for the convenience of just getting a drink at the closest bar.  

17 hours ago, Rackham said:

Try your sailing date and ship here: https://www.royalcaribbean.com/royalgifts/

For whatever reason, the alcohol packages (hard liquor + mixer) don't appear in the cruise planner.

They are not in the normal planner. You have to go in the Royal Gifts menu under your initials menu (same menu you would change sailing or your profile preferences). I’ve only ever gone there on the PC website, not in the app.  It is kind of a side store and you have to re-enter your sail date and cabin. Anything you buy there will be in your cabin day one. They have drinks and mixers there and other things that are not in the normal cruise planner gift section. You can even buy yourself a pack of diapers there if you want - lol.