Infant Policy Help

James0225

Needing some help...

We recently booked a cruise in which we will have a 4 year old and 7mo infant.  I noticed the infant policy states "any cruise that has 3 or more days consecutive at sea will require infants to be 12 months old on the first day of the cruise/CruiseTour.".

Does the embarkation day count as a day at sea?  I am worried that we may not meet this policy depending on how RC classifies a day at sea.

Our itinerary is:

• Day 1 embarkation
  • Day 2 at sea
  • Day 3 at sea
  • Day 4 at port
  • Day 5 at port
  • Day 6 at port
  • Day 7 at sea
  • Day 8 disembarkation

Thank you for your help!

PS: I have reached out to RC already but figured someone may have experience this before and could help :)

I am not sure but I think they would consider embarkation a 'port' since you are getting on at a port.  Just like disembarkation would be consider a 'port'.  The difference between embarkation/disembarkation from a true 'port' day is that the first two are one ways (on or off) while a 'port' day is going both ways.

But that is just common sense - it may not be RC sense. 

On the surface you appear to be compliant but without providing the specifics of your itinerary no one here can state with accuracy. 

I'd be hesitant to consult with strangers on the internet who won't be standing with you at the terminal check in.  Just because someone else managed to take a cruise with an infant doesn't mean you are safe.  You are best to get it in writing from your travel agent or Royal directly.  

20 hours ago, James0225 said:

Needing some help...

We recently booked a cruise in which we will have a 4 year old and 7mo infant.  I noticed the infant policy states "any cruise that has 3 or more days consecutive at sea will require infants to be 12 months old on the first day of the cruise/CruiseTour.".

Does the embarkation day count as a day at sea?  I am worried that we may not meet this policy depending on how RC classifies a day at sea.

Our itinerary is:

• Day 1 embarkation
  • Day 2 at sea
  • Day 3 at sea
  • Day 4 at port
  • Day 5 at port
  • Day 6 at port
  • Day 7 at sea
  • Day 8 disembarkation

Thank you for your help!

PS: I have reached out to RC already but figured someone may have experience this before and could help 🙂

If "reaching out" means emailing, you may want to call. Many here have reported never receiving replies to their emails. That has certainly been my experience in the past.