Thermal spa question

mom2mybugs

I'm trying to do some new things this Harmony trip and id like to do the thermal spa.  The heated chairs looks wonderful and I think I could use the sauna and steam rooms.  The 7 day pass just showed up on the activity page for $115, but I'm not seeing a 1 day pass and I am wondering if I will use the 7 day to a big extent.  So I'm wondering if anyone can tell me what the usual 1 day pass cost is.  Also, if you got a 7 day pass, did you use it?  Are there showers there too?  Finally, do the 7 day passes tend to sell out by the first day of the cruise, and do they go up a lot in price on the ship (like the drink pkg).  What I'm wondering if if I can get on the ship, tour and see if I think I'd use it enough, and then buy on the ship.  I just don't want to lose the opportunity to try it, but at the same time, don't want to go 1 x and waste a ton of money.  Jane

I was on Harmony for New Years cruise so it was pretty full. Had no problem getting thermal spa on day 3 for the rest of the week at a prorated rate. I think it ended up around $90 after 15% discount for C&A status with gratuity added. I waited thinking I wouldn't use it day 1 or 2 at CocoCay. You do get access to changing room with showers and lockers and are provided a robe and towels to use.

15 hours ago, amanalo217 said:

I was on Harmony for New Years cruise so it was pretty full. Had no problem getting thermal spa on day 3 for the rest of the week at a prorated rate. I think it ended up around $90 after 15% discount for C&A status with gratuity added. I waited thinking I wouldn't use it day 1 or 2 at CocoCay. You do get access to changing room with showers and lockers and are provided a robe and towels to use.

I'm on the new years cruise this year, so I was thinking pretty full!  We are cococay day 3, but thats the only day we are likely getting off the ship.  So thats why i was kinda wondering about daily passes...just because i wouldn't do day 1 or 3.  Hmm....  maybe i will wait to get on board.  Thanks so much about the info about the robes and lockers!!!!   Jane

Thermal Spa is great. I, personally, would spring for the week. Last couple ships I've been on that had it I used it every day. The sauna is nice, the steam room is amazing and the rainwater showers are fantastic. I rarely used the shower in my room. Oh, and the thermal beds are sublime. I would put my headphones on and drift away. Basically it's the price of one drink a day.

15 hours ago, Gisser said:

Thermal Spa is great. I, personally, would spring for the week. Last couple ships I've been on that had it I used it every day. The sauna is nice, the steam room is amazing and the rainwater showers are fantastic. I rarely used the shower in my room. Oh, and the thermal beds are sublime. I would put my headphones on and drift away. Basically it's the price of one drink a day.

Oohh.... That sounds so nice!  Thank you!!! Jane

13 minutes ago, Vancity Cruiser said:

My wife gets it every cruise. She always buys the full cruise pass after a tour on the first day. It has never sold out and she says it is rarely busy in there despite staffs sales pitch to buy before it sells out. 

Did you notice it was a much higher price than the cruise planner price? Jane

I’m not 100% sure but I believe it may actually be cheaper because they are usually running a promotion on the first day. I believe that’s why she waits till getting on board to book. 
If it’s not cheaper then it would be around the same price. We are Canadian so the cruise planner price is in Canadian (higher price) and when we book on board it is in USD so that may be why it seems cheaper. I’ve never paid that close attention to it.

53 minutes ago, Vancity Cruiser said:

I’m not 100% sure but I believe it may actually be cheaper because they are usually running a promotion on the first day. I believe that’s why she waits till getting on board to book. 
If it’s not cheaper then it would be around the same price. We are Canadian so the cruise planner price is in Canadian (higher price) and when we book on board it is in USD so that may be why it seems cheaper. I’ve never paid that close attention to it.

I'm going to wait then! That way I can see it too!  Jane

I love those stone beds. However, I really don't like where they are on most Royal Caribbean ships.  I like a heated bed with an ocean view.  When they put them in a room facing a wall ... well, the experience just takes a total dive for me.  I think the only ships that have a few facing a window are on Radiance-class ships, which is so disappointing.

13 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

I love those stone beds. However, I really don't like where they are on most Royal Caribbean ships.  I like a heated bed with an ocean view.  When they put them in a room facing a wall ... well, the experience just takes a total dive for me.  I think the only ships that have a few facing a window are on Radiance-class ships, which is so disappointing.

That is my wife’s problem with Royals thermal spa as well. It is almost like an afterthought. Unfortunately, this is the reason we are booking less Royal these days as the thermal spa is one of the biggest draws for her to cruising and other lines do it so much better.

22 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Another reason I need to try radiance class!  I'm still thinking the idea of laying on those stone beds makes me happy lol. Ok... Since I am clueless, can I ask another question?  Do you wear the robes they give you in the sauna, stream room and on the stone beds? Or a towel? Or a bathing suit?  The thermal area is all genders correct?  I've never even set foot in the spa in 7 cruises so this is all new!!! Thanks!  Jane

49 minutes ago, mom2mybugs said:

Another reason I need to try radiance class!  I'm still thinking the idea of laying on those stone beds makes me happy lol. Ok... Since I am clueless, can I ask another question?  Do you wear the robes they give you in the sauna, stream room and on the stone beds? Or a towel? Or a bathing suit?  The thermal area is all genders correct?  I've never even set foot in the spa in 7 cruises so this is all new!!! Thanks!  Jane

Most are common facilities shared by all genders.  Most people wear a bathing suit.  Typical spa etiquette is to grab towels that are there and spread them out before laying down on the heated beds.    

12 minutes ago, twangster said:

Most are common facilities shared by all genders.  Most people wear a bathing suit.  Typical spa etiquette is to grab towels that are there and spread them out before laying down on the heated beds.    

Perfect!  That's what I was thinking but wasnt sure!  Didn't want to look too much like a newbie!  Jane

• 2 weeks later...

I just booked it for the week, and I had to choose a time. Since it was Day 1, the times started at noon and ended around 9:00 pm and there were no other options for the rest of the week.  I want to go early in the morning.  Hit the sauna/steam rooms, then shower (in the larger shower area). 

We will be on the Quantum OTS. 

Do you need to make reservations for each day? Can you go to the Thermal Spa at any time? 

I know that the facility is coed, but do they have separate locker rooms for men and women? 

Do they provide anything other than towels?  

1 hour ago, FSUFAN said:

I just booked it for the week, and I had to choose a time. Since it was Day 1, the times started at noon and ended around 9:00 pm and there were no other options for the rest of the week.  I want to go early in the morning.  Hit the sauna/steam rooms, then shower (in the larger shower area). 

We will be on the Quantum OTS. 

Do you need to make reservations for each day? Can you go to the Thermal Spa at any time? 

I know that the facility is coed, but do they have separate locker rooms for men and women? 

Do they provide anything other than towels?  

We were not required to book appointments outside of day 1.  We just showed up at our preferred time. Yes they have separate showers.  I am not sure if they have brought back locker room amenities following Covid.  Last year amenities were sparse. They have towels and robes and water set up in the sauna area.  

• 6 months later...

Hello!  I'm looking to get the pass (5-day Thermal Suite pass). For now, it's 104,54$ CAD " per seat ".  I'm wondering if the pass is linked with a passenger or a room?  I will probably go every day, but, I was thinking if m'y wife could go and take my place one of the day...  What do you guys think?

1 hour ago, L33 said:

Hello!  I'm looking to get the pass (5-day Thermal Suite pass). For now, it's 104,54$ CAD " per seat ".  I'm wondering if the pass is linked with a passenger or a room?  I will probably go every day, but, I was thinking if m'y wife could go and take my place one of the day...  What do you guys think?

It will be linked to your sea pass card, which will be you if purchased under you. They do take a photo and attach to the card, so I don't think you can share........but I am not a spa person so call to be sure. 

7 hours ago, L33 said:

Yes it is most definitely linked to your sea pass card so only you will be able to use it. Usually we were required to leave our sea pass card when checking in at the spa. You retrieve it after your treatment.  Harmony was the exception; not sure if it was because we had wow bands but I am almost certain we didn’t leave anything at the spa reception.  Regardless of their process, only you will be able to use the thermal suite. Perhaps a day pass may be a perfect solution for your wife.