About to book Anthem February 25th 2024

RCIfan1912

I'm minutes away from booking Anthem to Coco Cay February 25, 2024. Never sailed in the winter but always wanted to. I think it would be cool to sail from the NJ cold winter to FL/Bahamas warmth. What should we expect in late February at Coco Cay weather wise? I mean it should be hot enough to enjoy all there is at Coco Cay right? We are looking at deck 13 just cause we like to be high up in the ship and out TA sailed on deck 13 and loved it. Oh this is an unobstructed balcony. Insane price we could NOT pass up. 

3 hours ago, Xaa said:

Deck 13 is just below the pool deck on Anthem.  Just so you are aware.

I'm sailing first week of March 2023, I think weather will be mild and Coco Cay enjoyable.

Thanks everyone for replies. We are gonna be all booked up on this cruise today. Yeah we changed to deck 11 because the the cabins where we like to be were under the Windjammer. Our TA suggested to avoid that. 

I'm excited because our first cruise to Coco cay was just this past August and it was a bit too hot for us. We both got pretty burnt so we immediately talked about coming back in the winter months to see difference. 

I believe the cabin we chose is 11692. 

Now I have to somehow convince work to let me take off. 🤣 Winter time is a bit of a tough one as I snowplow for the town I work for. I'm pretty sure they'll be ok with it in the end. 🙏

Thanks for all the replies, appreciate at the input. 

We’re on Anthem this coming February to get out of the cold. 86 or 87 days from today.

We’ve been at CocoCay in January and February and the temperature was comfortable for us.  My wife and I both went in the pool and the ocean.  

After a couple tries, we’ve decided we will never cruise in the Caribbean during the summer again.  It’s just too hot for us  .

I can relate to snowplowing and taking a cruise.  On our first cruise I had to walk our son through replacing a blown hydraulic hose on my plow truck….via a Voom WiFi connection and FaceTime.  

46 minutes ago, teddy said:

We’re on Anthem this coming February to get out of the cold. 86 or 87 days from today.

We’ve been at CocoCay in January and February and the temperature was comfortable for us.  My wife and I both went in the pool and the ocean.  

After a couple tries, we’ve decided we will never cruise in the Caribbean during the summer again.  It’s just too hot for us  .

I can relate to snowplowing and taking a cruise.  On our first cruise I had to walk our son through replacing a blown hydraulic hose on my plow truck….via a Voom WiFi connection and FaceTime.  

Oh wow, excellent into. Yeah I love the hot weather but wife not so much. And even though I love the hot weather Coco Cay in August was even a bit too much for me. Love you here from someone with experience at Coco Cay at this exact time. Thank you!

On 11/9/2022 at 6:39 PM, RCIfan1912 said:

I'm minutes away from booking Anthem to Coco Cay February 25, 2024. Never sailed in the winter but always wanted to. I think it would be cool to sail from the NJ cold winter to FL/Bahamas warmth. What should we expect in late February at Coco Cay weather wise? I mean it should be hot enough to enjoy all there is at Coco Cay right? We are looking at deck 13 just cause we like to be high up in the ship and out TA sailed on deck 13 and loved it. Oh this is an unobstructed balcony. Insane price we could NOT pass up. 

I have sailed the Caribbean the last 2 years in February. Weather fantastic.  Sunny and warm.  Enjoyed Coco Cay to the fullest from swimming in the ocean to eating.  Enjoy

1 hour ago, Linda R said:

I have sailed the Caribbean the last 2 years in February. Weather fantastic.  Sunny and warm.  Enjoyed Coco Cay to the fullest from swimming in the ocean to eating.  Enjoy

Thank you for the reply! Very, very excited but it's 472 days so it's a long wait for that countdown clock to read 0. But we are on Oasis in May for 5 days. 

• RCIfan1912 changed the title to About to book Anthem February 25th 2024
20 hours ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Thank you for the reply! Very, very excited but it's 472 days so it's a long wait for that countdown clock to read 0. But we are on Oasis in May for 5 days. 

20 hours ago, RCIfan1912 said:

I pretty much book the last week in Feb and first week in Mar for my sister and I.  Haven't decided what ship we will be going on in 2024 yet.  Who knows, we might be on the same cruise!

12 hours ago, Linda R said:

I pretty much book the last week in Feb and first week in Mar for my sister and I.  Haven't decided what ship we will be going on in 2024 yet.  Who knows, we might be on the same cruise!

10 hours ago, VeronicaS1970 said:

We do a cruise every January/February. Have done Anthem from NJ, it's cool the first day, but we found CocoCay to be delightful. But we are also not afraid of the water being cooler.

Will be on Anthem in 85 days.  Looking forward to getting away from the cold!

Oh thank you both. As I have said I'm very excited to sail Anthem again, we are sailing Oasis times in a row now and LOVE it but miss Anthem too. 

I'm truly excited to sail in the cold winter on anthem from NJ. Have never sailed remotely close to winter or cold weather. This will be an interesting experience. Of course it means we have to pack extra. Do it should be cool/cold embarkation day and first sea day I would think on the way to Florida right? Port Canaveral? 

9 hours ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Oh thank you both. As I have said I'm very excited to sail Anthem again, we are sailing Oasis times in a row now and LOVE it but miss Anthem too. 

I'm truly excited to sail in the cold winter on anthem from NJ. Have never sailed remotely close to winter or cold weather. This will be an interesting experience. Of course it means we have to pack extra. Do it should be cool/cold embarkation day and first sea day I would think on the way to Florida right? Port Canaveral? 

We have always just worn jeans and a hoodie on embarkation day. We spend our sea days in the Solarium, so weather outside doesn't matter much to us. I don't mind wearing long pants and long sleeves for the first and last day. I will never mind wearing a sweatshirt on a cruise, since I'M ON A CRUISE!!!!😁😎 Beats wearing work clothes!

On 11/12/2022 at 4:06 PM, VeronicaS1970 said:

We have always just worn jeans and a hoodie on embarkation day. We spend our sea days in the Solarium, so weather outside doesn't matter much to us. I don't mind wearing long pants and long sleeves for the first and last day. I will never mind wearing a sweatshirt on a cruise, since I'M ON A CRUISE!!!!😁😎 Beats wearing work clothes!

I'm looking forward to wearing long pants and a flannel around the ship. 🤣 It'll definitely be a different experience. Sailing in the winter will be interesting itself.