Does the entire reservation get repriced when you add a guest?

I did this recently for my upcoming cruise on Adventure and the price remained the same with just the taxes being added.  I also added the prepaid gratuities but the cabin price was just split between the two of us with the discounts.  Maybe my original cabin price was still the same when I added my daughter?  

3 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

In my experience it does, but you may get lucky. I always book for 2 even when planning on going solo just in case someone does end up joining to avoid the reprice. 

Interesting approach.  It makes a lot of sense if you are going to be paying the solo supplement anyway.

6 hours ago, Pattycruise said:

Interesting approach.  It makes a lot of sense if you are going to be paying the solo supplement anyway.

Yup...I usually no-show my +1 and get the taxes and port fees refunded..but I like to lock in the price..usually if I'm actually paying it's some kind of super cheap deal I'm catching 😂

9 hours ago, Pattycruise said:

Unless your also looking to collect that extra point for sailing solo.  According to @twangstersome have been denied when going the no show route.  When canceling a second person that will also invoke a reprice I believe 

It all depends on each individual booking. 

Take a look at Indy on Spet. 12.  Base rate for a solo is $219 for a inside GTY.  Two person base rate is $156 each for the same GTY or $312 for two guests.

Right now there is a reduced singles rate for any solo guest in an inside GTY cabin.  If you book this today then next week add a guest the reduced single supplement goes away and you have to pay more cruise fare for the second guest in addition to more port fees and taxes.  Removing the single fare code can trigger a repricing so the cabin can increase to whatever the rate is in the future when you add the second guest.

In other cases solo cruisers pay 200% single supplement.  The booking doesn't have a reduced single supplement discount code attached to it so a reprice is not triggered when you add a second guest.

This is just one example but there are others.  There is no blanket one answer fits all solo scenarios.

It depends.  

The phone call is free.  Best to ask about your booking and not make any assumptions.