Cococay

7 hours ago, megndanielle820 said:

Is there a point to spend money on an excursion? Isn’t there a pool and beach that’s free? So far we are the only ship that day. 

Epically if you are the only ship in port that day the island won’t feel crowded at all it really never does though. We’ve tried excursions there before the times we’ve been (12) we’ve only don’t the kayak and snorkel ones. The kayak one was cool, but the snorkel wasn’t worth the money at all just bring your own snorkel equipment. Other than the water slides all of the others are based on weather (wind) and it can really mess up plans. We booked the kayak excursion 6 times before going on a day where we could actually do it. Hope this helps. 

1 hour ago, YOLO said:

@megndanielle820 & @JP350  Welcome to the Royal Caribbean Blog Forum!

@twangster Just checking out the island the first time you visit is a great idea.

For us, we book the Coco Beach Club everytime we can (depending on who we cruise with) - we love it!

We had our first stop at Coco Cay last week.  It was a sudden itinerary change due to TS Bonnie going over Aruba.  We decided to splurge on the Beach Club for no other reason that we wanted to live large for once (and we had another excursion cancelled due to the change) and we just weren't in the mood to explore.  We loved it.  Whether it's worth the money is subjective and personal.  If we go back, we may do the free things, but then again, living the life of luxury was a nice experience.

12 minutes ago, YOLO said:

@PatsFanBrian  Coco Beach Club:  My wife says the steak they serve for lunch w/ aioli sauce is the best steak she has ever had.  And I usually enjoy the lobster as I never usually get to eat that for lunch.  Yum...

And in the Beach Club, you can have both (the server called it the surf and turf package).

On 7/6/2022 at 1:42 PM, megndanielle820 said:

Is there a point to spend money on an excursion? Isn’t there a pool and beach that’s free? So far we are the only ship that day. 

We go to Chill Island (free) for snorkeling, swimming, and relaxing in the sun.  We haven't spent extra money at Coco Cay, and the shopping isn't as good as Labadee.  My advice is to get to the beach early for best selection of chairs, umbrellas, or hammocks.  We usually return to the ship after lunch and enjoy its amenities without large crowds.  Have a great trip!

On 7/7/2022 at 8:35 AM, teddy said:

We have been five times and only spent money once when we booked the Beach Club for around $70 pp to try it out  

We have never felt the need to spend on anything other than that one time, and we’ve always enjoyed ourselves. 

The current price is $165 PP for our November sailing on the Anthem OTS. Not sure there is anything there worth $330. We have the drink package and have enjoyed the free beaches/pool on past visits. Am I missing something or does anyone else truly feel that this is a must? 

43 minutes ago, mpdahmer said:

The current price is $165 PP for our November sailing on the Anthem OTS. Not sure there is anything there worth $330. We have the drink package and have enjoyed the free beaches/pool on past visits. Am I missing something or does anyone else truly feel that this is a must? 

I can see trying it once if you think you might like it - then decide if future CBC visits are worth it for you.  Yes, prices are way up from what we first paid.  Keep on top of Cruise Planner re-pricing in case of a sale..  My wife loves it there and so I will pay to go every chance we get - but this is us, not you...

@megndanielle820 I have been to CocoCay twice. Both times I spent extra money on going to thrill water park. Both days I felt it was money well spent. If we do go back for a third time we may take it easy and not go to thrill water park. But me and my family really love water parks. I would also say if you are the only ship there, it makes it even better as there should be minimal lines. 

6 hours ago, mpdahmer said:

I realize price is subjective, but I wouldn’t pay that. 

Our first few times we just did the complementary things and git the lay of the land.  I’m glad we did.  I personally think this is a good way to do it. 

We paid a premium for the beach club because we had to scramble while onboard.  Was it worth it for us?  Yes.  But that won’t be true for everyone.  I can say that the food we got would go for about $100/person in my home area.  That will be different based on where you live.  The remainder was the smaller crowd and impeccable service.  Will we do it again?  Not at the price we paid, but $165?  Yes we would.  We don’t regret paying for it.  By far the best meal of the week and the facility is impeccable.