Harmony Disembark Question

We cruise on the Harmony 17-24 and my daughter and son-n-law have a later (8 pm) flight than we do.  He called RCI and asked what was the latest they would have to disembark and they told him 11 am.  That seems strange to me that it would be that late.  Has anyone had any experience with this lately?

I think rep might be confused because you will have to be off the ship before 10am.......and that is stretching it. I had a 3pm flight during reduced capacity and the latest they allowed me to stay was 8:45. I would imagine that with more cabins to turn-around and allowing people to start to board at 11am; 10am will be the absolute latest. Remember most of the reps are just reading/reciting info. 

9 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

I think rep might be confused because you will have to be off the ship before 10am.......and that is stretching it. I had a 3pm flight during reduced capacity and the latest they allowed me to stay was 8:45. I would imagine that with more cabins to turn-around and allowing people to start to board at 11am; 10am will be the absolute latest. Remember most of the reps are just reading/reciting info. 

That is what I thought too - maybe 9-9:30am.  There is so much extra cleaning prodigals now so I can't see 11 am being at all considered.  I told him they need to rent a car and go to Disney Springs for the afternoon. They got a direct flight so that is why they picked such a late flight to begin with.   

By 9am they will likely start paging their names to get them to leave. 

There is nothing to do on the ship, once the early breakfast service has completed everything closes.  They can't use the pools or get a drink.  

They will need to vacate their cabins as soon as possible so it can be cleaned and sanitized for the next guest.  Sleeping in and staying in the cabin is pretty impactful to the cabin attendants who have to "turn" that cabin and get it ready for the next guest.  

Customs and Border Protection will require the ship reaches a zero guest count before any new guests can begin to embark.  Hiding out and overstaying can delay the boarding process for the next cruise. 

Don't let them be "those people". 

1 hour ago, twangster said:

By 9am they will likely start paging their names to get them to leave. 

There is nothing to do on the ship, once the early breakfast service has completed everything closes.  They can't use the pools or get a drink.  

They will need to vacate their cabins as soon as possible so it can be cleaned and sanitized for the next guest.  Sleeping in and staying in the cabin is pretty impactful to the cabin attendants who have to "turn" that cabin and get it ready for the next guest.  

Customs and Border Protection will require the ship reaches a zero guest count before any new guests can begin to embark.  Hiding out and overstaying can delay the boarding process for the next cruise. 

Don't let them be "those people". 

If they have to be out of their cabin by 8:45am then they won't stay anyway.  I think the RCI rep lead him to believe they could stay in their cabin.  I told him there was no way that could happen!  They just need to rent a car and find something to do and turn the car into MCO airport.

On the Mariner we had to be out by 0800, they sent a letter to the cabin earlier in the week saying cabin must be cleared by 0800 so they could clean for next sailing. 

The cabins were open for us by 1300 on embarkation day so it seems this is the way of the Mariner. 

On our Oasis sailing it was out by 0900, cabins open at 1400. That was in March. 

And now that I'm thinking about it everyone has to be off the ship for the ship to be cleared for embarkation meaning all sea pass cards scanned as exiting the ship maybe someone knows more about this?

10 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

Is there any way they could do one of those post cruise excursions? Like the Hop on and off bus? That way they can keep their luggage, get views of the city and then be dropped off at the airport for a smaller flat rate.

They tried to book the Canaveral Space Center excursion but it is full.  I'm not sure about any other options but I will look to see.

@whitsmom So I just checked the Hyatt on the airport property has a DAY STAY situation. They could spend the day there, luggage secure and enjoy the pool and restaurants. It looks like it is perfectly set up for your exact situation. Look under "offers" & sure enough I believe it is available from 1000-1800. If their flight is at 2000 it's perfect, they could gather their luggage get through security & be at the gate refreshed and ready to board their flight. I would totally opt for this if it was me. I hope this helps 🙂

Looks like 169.00

3 hours ago, Neesa said:

On the Mariner we had to be out by 0800, they sent a letter to the cabin earlier in the week saying cabin must be cleared by 0800 so they could clean for next sailing. 

The cabins were open for us by 1300 on embarkation day so it seems this is the way of the Mariner. 

On our Oasis sailing it was out by 0900, cabins open at 1400. That was in March. 

And now that I'm thinking about it everyone has to be off the ship for the ship to be cleared for embarkation meaning all sea pass cards scanned as exiting the ship maybe someone knows more about this?

We sailed in May on Independence and were also asked to be out of our cabins by 8:00.  Breakfast in various places was listed as being served until 9:30.  

On our 3 cruises, we've never been able to board any earlier than about 11:45, and the earliest our rooms were available was 1300 on one of the cruises.   We've never stayed on ship past 8:30 on the last day, so have never heard any later announcements about needing to leave the (public areas of) the ship; however, at 8:30 there were still LOTS of people still on the ship.

1 hour ago, Neesa said:

@whitsmom So I just checked the Hyatt on the airport property has a DAY STAY situation. They could spend the day there, luggage secure and enjoy the pool and restaurants. It looks like it is perfectly set up for your exact situation. Look under "offers" & sure enough I believe it is available from 1000-1800. If their flight is at 2000 it's perfect, they could gather their luggage get through security & be at the gate refreshed and ready to board their flight. I would totally opt for this if it was me. I hope this helps 🙂

Looks like 169.00

This would be perfect for them!  Thanks, I will let them know.