Entertainment Schedules

GK3

I have never seen an entertainment schedule email. I have seen posts with entertainment insert from a Cruise Compass.

I would recommend clicking on the cruise compass tab above, entering the name of your ship and look for any Cruise Compasses that 

match your itinerary.  Use the past cruise compass as a guide. Your experience once on board may vary due to staffing/covid issues.

Entertainment reservations cannot be booked until you are on board. 

I hope you have a wonderful cruise.

1 hour ago, Jolly Ogre said:

Are there any plans for them to open up to make reservations on the cruise planner vs waiting until we get on board? 

Royal doesn't tend to announce these things.  Who knows?  ... maybe they'll stick with the onboard only reservation system.  

9 minutes ago, Jolly Ogre said:

I really like getting my things booked ahead of time so I can just relax once on board.

I'm with you on this, Jolly. I think what Royal is trying to do is get everyone going on a cruise to download their app go book everything with that once on board. Or suffer through long lines at customer service.😎

For years before the shutdown there were lots of complaints about having to book things ahead of time.  People wanted to be able to go with the flow or wait until the cruise to better understand what their plans would be.  Now that they've switched to onboard reservations it's interesting to see complaints that reservations can't be made until onboard 🙂 

46 minutes ago, twangster said:

For years before the shutdown there were lots of complaints about having to book things ahead of time.  People wanted to be able to go with the flow or wait until the cruise to better understand what their plans would be.  Now that they've switched to onboard reservations it's interesting to see complaints that reservations can't be made until onboard 🙂 

heh... I have my Shore Excursions, dining and drink package booked for Dec 2022 and Dec 2023 already. I want to have my entertainment booked and done with ASAP. I want to have nothing left to do but get on the ship on sail day.

54 minutes ago, rjac said:

I'm with you on this, Jolly. I think what Royal is trying to do is get everyone going on a cruise to download their app go book everything with that once on board. Or suffer through long lines at customer service.😎

When I get to my cabin my phone gets turned off and put in the safe for the duration for the cruise. I have no use for the app.

43 minutes ago, Jolly Ogre said:

I have no use for the app.

I hear you Jolly. Unless Royal lets us book entertainment online on the cruise planner, you may want to reconsider the app. Once on board, book what you want and THEN turn the phone off and put it in a safe place....see what I did there. 😎

6 hours ago, rjac said:

I hear you Jolly. Unless Royal lets us book entertainment online on the cruise planner, you may want to reconsider the app. Once on board, book what you want and THEN turn the phone off and put it in a safe place....see what I did there. 😎

Except that they make changes in the entertainment onboard and if you don’t have the app you wouldn’t necessarily know

18 hours ago, rjac said:

Ya, but their IT sucks and can't get anything, or at least much done right.  I have NO confidence in their App or IT in general.  YMMV!