Is the Key worth purchasing for first time couple

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2019/03/26/royal-caribbeans-the-key-worth-it

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2020/12/07/what-is-the-key

Here's a couple of vids.

IMO, if the price of the Key is within a dollar or two of the price of internet, it is worth it. Provided you were planning on getting internet.

The Key isn't worth IMHO because of my status within the cruise line. I always get internet and I don't do the special activities, so it is a waste for me when I can get multiple devices cheaper than buying the Key for everyone.

You are a first-time cruiser and so it may make sense to you. You get to try a specialty restaurant, board priority, and get priority seating. If you are interested in things like the Flowrider and Rock-climbing then those special hours, no matter how crappy, might work in your favor. 

1 hour ago, Brad J said:

I have read what the Key offers and it seems like it’s quite a good offer. I read that you can get the same services just by booking things early? Is this correct? 

I also hate queuing….

@Brad J The Key is worth it only if you can purchase it for around $21-24. With that cost point it is a win because of the VOOM internet, CHOPS embarkation diner, and priority Embarkation. Our cruise, the KEY is priced at $35.99 per person/day and internet is $27.29 per person/day for 2 devices that would be justifiable in my eyes if we didn't get these with our Room level. 

For a first timer, if not outrageous and If you need the internet, I’d say yes.  Basically you’re buying a bunch of benefits that as pointed out by cruisers with status, come free to them.

But as a new cruiser, it’s a great way to jump the queue and get the most out of your vacation.

23 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Only if the price is under $20 per person per day.  Otherwise there's not enough value.

Or if you absolutely hate to stand in line.  Also as a first timer you are figuring out so many other details that the Key will simply things.  IMO the Key is too expensive, but it may be a great way to go on your 1st cruise. Another factor is the number of people you are cruising with as that drives up the cost, especially because Zoom get's cheaper with more people per person. 

I treat "The Key" like the Beverage package with regard to price point. If I'm in a Jr Suite or lower and price is less than $20-$21 pp/pd it's worth it to me.

If in a G.S or higher there is no benefit to purchasing the Key. Current pricing $35-41.99 is insane and the perks just aren't worth it. Keep checking Cruise planner

for  price changes.