Mask or not/cruise or not Anthem 3/27

It surprises me that there are people angry they were on Anthem and tested positive either at the end of the cruise or when back home.  The current #is 15 out of a FB group of about 500. Of course that figure could be higher with those unaware they have Covid or those who don’t think/want to share the info, and those who are repeating their testing in a few days.

comments made are “masks went away too quickly” or “the passengers sailing % went up too quickly”.

I would think as adults we all have an understanding that “Covid happens”  and at any given time we expose ourselves, be it at a supermarket, restaurant, wedding, sporting event, school event, or on a cruise and we have an option to wear a mask as well as to not cruise.  Blaming the cruise industry for a choice made to cruise is ridiculous. (Not one person reported being masked the entire cruise-and even if they were they likely are in common areas when eating)

My other bone of contention is those who blame the staff with Covid for spreading this.  Yes, there are cases among the crew, but the crew is masked in our presence. I’m on my 2nd half of a B2B on Anthem and still see the same crew members at their stations.  Spread is behind the scenes in their stateroom areas, when unmasked. It’s  highly doubtful they are the ones giving it to passengers. 

I’m on my 9th cruise since August.  Each time I sail I’m well aware of the risks and know I have choices.  If I pick up Covid I most certainly won’t blame the industry.

17 minutes ago, Pattycruise said:

It surprises me that there are people angry they were on Anthem and tested positive either at the end of the cruise or when back home.  The current #is 15 out of a FB group of about 500. Of course that figure could be higher with those unaware they have Covid or those who don’t think/want to share the info, and those who are repeating their testing in a few days.

comments made are “masks went away too quickly” or “the passengers sailing % went up too quickly”.

I would think as adults we all have an understanding that “Covid happens”  and at any given time we expose ourselves, be it at a supermarket, restaurant, wedding, sporting event, school event, or on a cruise and we have an option to wear a mask as well as to not cruise.  Blaming the cruise industry for a choice made to cruise is ridiculous. (Not one person reported being masked the entire cruise-and even if they were they likely are in common areas when eating)

My other bone of contention is those who blame the staff with Covid for spreading this.  Yes, there are cases among the crew, but the crew is masked in our presence. I’m on my 2nd half of a B2B on Anthem and still see the same crew members at their stations.  Spread is behind the scenes in their stateroom areas, when unmasked. It’s  highly doubtful they are the ones giving it to passengers. 

I’m on my 9th cruise since August.  Each time I sail I’m well aware of the risks and know I have choices.  If I pick up Covid I most certainly won’t blame the industry.

There are always folks that want to find blame.  I wonder if they complain if they go to a professional sporting event that have 100,000 + in attendance and don't have mask mandates.  Etc etc etc

On 4/5/2022 at 2:51 PM, smokeybandit said:

There's a lot fewer cases now without masks than there were with masks at the height of omicron.  I'm sure there's something to read into there.

I think less people are going for testing and numbers are still relatively the same, maybe a bit lower due to existing immunity from last go around of infection.  I’m enjoying my cruising!