Packing questions!

1 week away and I'm starting the packing list. 

1. For the drinks you can bring on (soda,water,wine), how do you pack these? Single bottles in your suitcase? 

2. Does it get chilly at night? (Bahamas cruise) Should I bring sweaters/long sleeve attire etc? 

3. What is the usual dress for shows? Casual as in jeans or no? 

Thank you! 

47 minutes ago, Wanderlust876 said:

1. For the drinks you can bring on (soda,water,wine), how do you pack these? Single bottles in your suitcase? 

2. Does it get chilly at night? (Bahamas cruise) Should I bring sweaters/long sleeve attire etc? 

Thank you! 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/onboard-alcohol-guest-policy

"Am I allowed to bring alcohol onboard a Royal Caribbean cruise ship?

Guests are not allowed to bring beer or hard liquor onboard for consumption or any other use.

Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned. Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, luggage etc.) and will dispose of containers holding alcohol. Guests who violate any alcohol policies, (over consume, provide alcohol to people under the legal drinking age, demonstrate irresponsible behavior, or attempt to conceal alcoholic items at security and or luggage check points or any other time), may be disembarked or not allowed to board, at their own expense, in accordance with our Guest Conduct Policy. Guests who are under the permitted drinking age will not have alcohol returned to them. Please Note: All guests must comply with TSA guidelines for transporting liquids.

On boarding day, guests may bring onboard two (2) 750 ml bottles of personal wine or champagne per stateroom in their carry-on luggage. If more than two bottles of wine or champagne are brought onboard, including any alcoholic beverages purchased in ports-of-call or in our onboard shops, they will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on your last day onboard.

Guests on consecutive cruises may bring two (2) 750 ml bottles of personal wine or champagne per voyage, per stateroom. Additional bottles will be stored by the ship and two bottles at a time will be delivered to the stateroom on the first day of each new voyage. Guests bringing more than two bottles at the start of the first sailing should have documentation for any consecutive sailings available to share with security on boarding day".

I can't seem to find anything on water and/or soda.  However, I believe you can bring some.

For shows:  We don't get formal at all, even on "formal" nights.  I hate formal.  I'm in shorts and Ts 90% of the time, including shows.

My wife is cold when it's 80 degrees, I'm hot when it is 75 degrees.  Your milage may vary. 😉

3 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

If you bring water/soda, it doesn't actually need to be in your carry on luggage, but you do need to carry it on with you.  Same for wine, though that fits in a carry on a bit easier

Ok. I guess my question is if I'm bringing on a 12 pack of soda, I need to figure out a way to situate 12 cans into the carry on bag? How long does it usually take for cabins to be ready? 

11 minutes ago, Wanderlust876 said:

Ok. I guess my question is if I'm bringing on a 12 pack of soda, I need to figure out a way to situate 12 cans into the carry on bag? How long does it usually take for cabins to be ready? 

No, just carry it on separate. You'll see plenty of people at check in carrying a carry on/backpack in one hand and a 12 pack of soda in the other hand

Are you leaving out of NJ?  It can be chilly the first and second  day.

The Bahamas is not typically chilly this time of year. (It was chilly -about 60 F when I was there in February)

if you have a small wheeled luggage see if you can fit your sodas/water/wine.  (take them out of the box/plastic) I have a small luggage that fits under an airplane seat. I can fit 2 bottles of wine and 12 bottles of water plus a few other items.  Very easy to wheel onboard until you get access to your cabin.  If you cannot use a small wheeled luggage maybe try a backpack or 2 sturdy bags, practice lifting at home to see if you can carry it. 

I always suggest packing a sweater/shawl/light jacket. Some bars, studios, and restaurants will have the AC on full blast. If you get a chill easy, it will come in handy. Studio B can be nippy. 

Any liquids, aka the 2 bottles of wine and 12pk of drinks must be carried on or they will flag your luggage. 

With capacity increasing I would say plan on rooms being ready closer to 2pm. 

On 4/3/2022 at 3:51 PM, Wanderlust876 said:

Because we fly, we pick these items up in the port city and put them in reusable shopping bags with the handles tied closed and a luggage tag secured between the knots.

I run cold and I rarely needed more than a light cardigan for most nights in the bahamas in January while standing on my balcony.

Shows in the theaters are casual dress - no swimsuits/swimwear is really the only restriction I think. BUT the theaters, as do most large gathering spaces, run cool so I circle back around to that cardigan/shawl idea for this.

Thank you! 

Answers under your questions in the quoted section above.