Hot tub/pool chemicals?

Rakaia

Hi all! Bit of a strange question I've got.....what kind of chemicals/strength of chemicals are typically found in the hot tubs and/or pools on Oasis of the Seas? I'm asking because on a previous cruise (Norwegian Sun) the chemicals in the water completely ruined my bathing suits (bleached them out). I've also cruised on Princess in the past and didn't notice this. As I've never cruised RC (my first experience is coming up in May), I'm wondering if they use products known to bleach....has anyone noticed their suits bring affected? I'll definitely leave my good suits at home if so. 👙🩱🙂

3 hours ago, Rakaia said:

Mmmhmm. Helpful. 😐

But for those that want to hit the hot human marinade tubs (and or/pool?); does anyone have experience with how chemical-y they are? 

I don't find them to be that bad - I have been in some that bothered me in the past.

7 hours ago, Rakaia said:

Mmmhmm. Helpful. 😐

But for those that want to hit the hot human marinade tubs (and or/pool?); does anyone have experience with how chemical-y they are? 

First on Harmony and then on Ovation a couple of my wifes bathing suits were bleached out by the chemicals. We have another cruise on Symphony and will leave the good suits at home.

12 hours ago, TracyRevell said:

I think the chemicals are reasonably strong from experience, which isn't a bad thing with the volume of people going in and out of them.

I'm fine with them being strong myself. I think I'll stick to my light colored swimsuits. 

I've seen people stick their heads under water in hot tubs.....now that's yuk!