Random free room service question

JennaRCB

Hi everyone! So I am an early riser and when I'm blogging while on a cruise, I like to wake up super early to work on my posts.

Recently on Harmony of the Seas I ordered American room service at 6:30 AM and I did not get a charge on my account. I thought they made a mistake, as I ordered items from both the complimentary side and the extra-cost side of the menu.

When I went to Guest Services to ask why it was free, the crew member said if I order before a certain time of the day it was all free. Alas, I proceeded to order room service breakfast at 6:30AM almost every day of the cruise for free.

I never heard this before and could not find it online anywhere, but I definitely enjoyed pancakes and eggs on my balcony every morning.

Has anyone else ever experienced this before? I'm wondering if room service is always free from 6-7AM and they just don't mention it anywhere, or if that was just some weird policy on Harmony that week. 😅 

Think after the restart not charging for the hot items was attempt to reduce the crowding in Windjammer and the MDR at breakfast. I recall on Indy it was mentioned in the Compass: Room service is complimentary for breakfast from 6a-11a. For all other meals, a convenience fee of $7.95 applies.

I love this possibility. I see similar wording (pic attached) on the latest Allure Cruise Compass and really hope it continues through my April cruise which is spring break for many families, so if the point is to reduce crowding in Windjammer, I'm crossing my fingers that it will continue for my (most likely) crowded cruise. We have a balcony for the first time ever, so I was planning to have the continental every morning out there and then run and get an egg somewhere shortly afterwards because I need some protein in the morning. This would fully solve that issue!

2022-02-26 (29).png

I received the hot breakfast room service for free on Symphony last week.  No where did I see where the fee would be waived.  The food service was not left outside our cabin.  The man delivering it set up all the dishes (we ordered a ton of pancakes bacon and stuff inside our room for us.  If I would have known it was free, we would have done it, at least another time.  We did have the 6AM delivery time.  We had an early excursion in Roatan that day and were trying to save time.