PortMiami Shuttle Recommendations

micahd

32 minutes ago, micahd said:

We've got 6 adults and a baby going from FLL to PortMiami. I'm looking for a reliable transportation company. We'd prefer to have a dedicated van for our party. Anyone have a recommendation?

I highly recommend Larry’s Limo.  With luggage you all will not fit in a single Lyft/Uber and with Larry’s we were able to get the price per person very close to Lyft/Uber and we’re very happy.  We had 7 people with luggage and a collapsible wheelchair.

You can call them and they will help make sure you pick the right vehicle.

https://www.larryslimo.com

plus it was a lot of fun for the 12 year old niece to ride in the limo.  We had the van with Limo style seating.

We use Howard van service, have used him many times, we have cruise scheduled late January, we are flying into Fll and staying in Ft Lauderdale, I have him reserved, 7 of us, 107 dollars from motel to port, he has 9 passenger van and pulls a trailer, nicest guy ever, he will be early, I priced a couple other places, most around 175 dollars, look his reviews up, 5 star, everyone is 5 star. I have his cell number if you want to send me an email on here. 

46 minutes ago, micahd said:

6 adults, plus a car seat, plus all the bags... Is there a way to specify a full size SUV or mini van. I'm usually ok with those services but I've never tried to use them with such a large party.

There is, but it probably won't be big enough for bags once you get 6 adults in. I don't even know 6 adults, so this never crosses my mind.  Carry on with better ideas.  🙂

4 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

There is, but it probably won't be big enough for bags once you get 6 adults in. I don't even know 6 adults, so this never crosses my mind.  Carry on with better ideas.  🙂

I wish there was a way to tell them you have x number pieces of luggage so they don’t accept a ride and not have room.  We’ve had a few where they either had a small trunk or had other stuff in the trunk and our bags barely fit.  We typically travel as a party of two and each have a “carry on” size suitcase for the trunk, plus each has a small backpack which we hold in the car and my sleep machine bag which I also hold.

I’ve not “reported them” since we’ve still been able to ride,but I’m sure they have rules they are supposed to follow.

We had this issue in Oct, group of 5 with luggage and carry-on bags. We barely fit even though we did Uber XL/Lyft XL for 6+ people. I mean you are clearly picking people up from hotels, airports and/or ports so don't show up with stuff in your trunk. Also expect that there will be luggage. Once a WDW an Uber showed up, when we selected XL and he actually said we should just squeeze in as hard as we could. I recommend looking for a shuttle or private van.