Thrilled with CWC extension!!

As my title notes I am soooo thrilled that CWC has been extended.  This is going to help us big time with what to do about our April 2022 cruise since there are several in my 31 cruisers group that are unvaccinated.   I do not see anything mentioning a cash refund request due to inability to comply with protocols though and now that the CWC is extended I assume that, most likely, that option is now off the table.  Anyone know whether this is true?

31 minutes ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

I do not see anything mentioning a cash refund request due to inability to comply with protocols though and now that the CWC is extended I assume that, most likely, that option is now off the table.  Anyone know whether this is true?

No one knows yet....but I would expect that since they extended the CWC program that they would also extend the "COVID protocols" policy.  That's pure speculation on my part but I think it's reasonable.  Unfortunately, you will have to wait until the COVID protocols are announced for April.  That may happen soon or it may happen just before April.  I was very surprised when they made their multi-month proclamation that covered through March this last time.  Maybe they will do that again.   It's anyone's guess.

The refund for protocols issues is an elusive policy to see in writing.   I used it in August and at that time I was told you have 30 days from when protocols are announced to exercise the refund request.  That was never captured in writing, just what a phone agent told me so I'm not 100% solid on that claim.  

Up until recently that worked since they were announcing protocols one month at a time.  Now that they announced protocols through March it will be interesting to see if they apply the 30 day rule.  

I'm in a similiar "boat" as we have a Greek Isles cruise planned in May but concerned about what protocols and restrictions might be in place for excursions.   Would prefer to book airfare soon before prices get any crazier but need to find a refundable option in case we postpone the cruise.  Is Air2Sea a viable option?

38 minutes ago, Va4fam said:

I'm in a similiar "boat" as we have a Greek Isles cruise planned in May but concerned about what protocols and restrictions might be in place for excursions.   Would prefer to book airfare soon before prices get any crazier but need to find a refundable option in case we postpone the cruise.  Is Air2Sea a viable option?

Yes I like Air2Sea.  Their prices are very reasonable and you do not have to pay until final payment is due for your cruise.  That is also part of my dilemma as we all have airfares booked with Air2Sea and since our cruise is April 18th we have to pay by Feb 2.  If protocols for April are not announced by then…ughhhhh!

Oh the Wonder is coming to PC! I booked the Odyssey for November 2022 back in March of 2021. Am I able to cancel it utilizing the CWC program? @Sharla is that an option? Not sure about it as I have a great cabin, great price and LOVE the itinerary I have on the Odyssey right now Decisions......

Nope, I'm staying with the Odyssey. Just stared at my paperwork again. I like it, I like everything about it. The Wonder will have to wait until Thanksgiving 2023!