Is it possible?

NewbieRC

Hello, 

I’ve been tirelessly planning our 1st cruise to celebrate my sons 11th bday. We sail Nov 28. To celebrate, I’ve purchased our day passes at Atlantis Aquaventure however  I just came across an article that says RC is not allowing children his age to depart in a port without an excursion booked the RC. Well of course RC doesnt offer an Atlantis excursion, or maybe it’s sold out. I can’t even begin to explain the disappointment. It changes our plans for each port that I’ve already pre purchased:( is there any way around this? There’s honestly no other excursions that’s left from RC we’d be Interested in for either Nassau, or Cozumel. Any advice appreciated! 

sarah

Welcome to the board.

Sorry but this has pretty much been a thing since the restart. Unless you child has been fully vaxxed at least 2 weeks by the time of sailing, they can only go on RCG sponsored excursions. In most cases this is a port requirement.  Most ports only allow for vaxxed guest and want to curb their hazards as they don't have access to vaccinations like we do. 

There is no way around the requirement to purchase RCI excursions for children who have not been fully vaccinated at least 14 days before sailing. These rules have been in place for some time, and in many cases, are required by the islands that are visited.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/the-healthy-sail-center/getting-ready-to-cruise

Tours Required for Families With Unvaccinated Children
Families traveling with unvaccinated kids must purchase a local tour through Royal Caribbean if they wish to go ashore in ports of call. This applies to all ports of call except Perfect Day at CocoCay, and Port Canaveral, Florida. Vaccinated parents wishing to go ashore freely can visit our youth facilities onboard to learn about drop off program hours and availability, and reserve time for their child on the day they wish to go in port.

Oh man, I was afraid of that. Really wish the nice gentleman on the phone at RC who booked the cruise for us would have mentioned this 🤦🏼‍♀️. Is only the first dose required or both doses to get off the ship on your own? 

Does anyone know if RC is actually doing an excursion to Atlantis in Nassau? Hoping they are and maybe it would pop up if there’s a cancellation. 

Appreciate the help!!

In Nassau, many businesses require you to bring your proof of vaccination card and present it before they allow you entry. 
Not related to the excursion question, but shows how the Bahamas are strictly adhering to their protocols in an effort to prevent overloading their healthcare system. Hopefully, as time goes on, things can get back to normal.

12 hours ago, NewbieRC said:

Oh man, I was afraid of that. Really wish the nice gentleman on the phone at RC who booked the cruise for us would have mentioned this 🤦🏼‍♀️. Is only the first dose required or both doses to get off the ship on your own? 

Does anyone know if RC is actually doing an excursion to Atlantis in Nassau? Hoping they are and maybe it would pop up if there’s a cancellation. 

Appreciate the help!!

Don’t know about the excursions, but the requirement is fully vaccinated two weeks ahead.  So, that is 2 Pfizer or Moderna, 1 J&J.

I can tell you that planner items do pop back up when someone cancels. We had the unlimited dining plan, then upgraded to a suite. Cancelled it and someone in our FB group announced that UDP for 2 just came back and they grabbed it. 🙂 So, you can watch for it. Good luck. 🙂

I think Atlantis has always been an independent excursion.  So I doubt it will pop up in the planner.

Unfortunately it is the reps job to sell you a cruise. At that point they assume you understand all the protocols. They won't know what you plan to do at each port and sadly don't care. 

6 hours ago, VickR said:

I know it’s your own choice to give your kids vaccine or not. In case you’re open to it, J&J is one dose only, 14 days prior to sailing, and you can book the Atlantis tour without RC (per my understanding). Again, not telling you to do anything, but just in case this is an option for you.

Only Pfizer is FDA approved for children under 12 right now. That could change, but for now, that is the option.  Moderna and J&J are doing studies, but Pfizer is the only one currently available.

To all, thanks for correcting me.

I recall asking about Atlantis on Mariner 2019 and they said they didn't do it. But we all know RCG isn't consistent with their training. 

Also there is no way OP could have vaxxed their child as they would have had to be fully vaxxed 14 days before sailing....which for Nov 28th would have been today.

13 hours ago, barbeyg said:

Only Pfizer is FDA approved for children under 12 right now. That could change, but for now, that is the option.  Moderna and J&J are doing studies, but Pfizer is the only one currently available.

Thank you for the information, I didn’t know that was the case! I’m very sorry!

hopefully you can find some other fun activities or maybe it will go back into the cruise planner before sailing! 🙏🏼

21 hours ago, VickR said:

Thank you for the information, I didn’t know that was the case! I’m very sorry!

hopefully you can find some other fun activities or maybe it will go back into the cruise planner before sailing! 🙏🏼

No worries! 🙂 I had to research that myself. Info is ever-changing with shots, travel, etc. Really have to stay on top of it these days, don’t we? 

14 hours ago, Livtocruise said:

Does anyone know if you be able to cancel or postpone with the “cruise with confidence” policy? And then schedule a vaccine appointment and rebook to when he is post 14 days fully vaccinated?

Yes, absolutely.

On 11/12/2021 at 7:21 PM, NewbieRC said:

Hello, 

I’ve been tirelessly planning our 1st cruise to celebrate my sons 11th bday. We sail Nov 28. To celebrate, I’ve purchased our day passes at Atlantis Aquaventure however  I just came across an article that says RC is not allowing children his age to depart in a port without an excursion booked the RC. Well of course RC doesnt offer an Atlantis excursion, or maybe it’s sold out. I can’t even begin to explain the disappointment. It changes our plans for each port that I’ve already pre purchased:( is there any way around this? There’s honestly no other excursions that’s left from RC we’d be Interested in for either Nassau, or Cozumel. Any advice appreciated! 

sarah

What ship are you on? Honestly you aren't missing that much not getting off in Nassau or the Atlantis waterpark. He'd probably have just as much fun on the Flowrider when the ship isn't busy during a port day. Get him a private lesson on the flowrider instead. My son loved that when he was about the same age.