Main Dining Room Breakfast?

Vlad

I plan on doing most of my meals in the MDR in 8 days. Made a big mistake on our last cruise. Booked an April cruise to Bermuda, didn't realize it was both school vacation and Easter. Windjammer was always way crowded.

On 10/7/2021 at 5:56 AM, Ampurp85 said:

I hated the Windjammer for breakfast, at least pre-covid, but getting bacon there was always justifiable.

I have to say, I disliked the Windjammer for breakfast too, P-C, but right now it’s quite lovely — fewer guests and no self-service is a win-win for me!

I had breakfast in the MDR most mornings on my cruise on Oasis at the end of September, and it wasn't bad; I don't know if it was my bad luck or what, though, but ordering my eggs scrambled was not good. They were not very firmly cooked. 🤢 Other days, though, I ordered an omelet (or two), and had much better results. I just made sure to also always ask for a double-order of my side items.

In the Windjammer, it was a really good experience -- except for the wait time for my omelet.

Overall, I'd do both options again, especially armed with the breakfast intel I gathered from my previous cruise.

4 minutes ago, Chadster said:

I had breakfast in the MDR most mornings on my cruise on Oasis at the end of September, and it wasn't bad; I don't know if it was my bad luck or what, though, but ordering my eggs scrambled was not good. They were not very firmly cooked. 🤢 Other days, though, I ordered an omelet (or two), and had much better results. I just made sure to also always ask for a double-order of my side items.

In the Windjammer, it was a really good experience -- except for the wait time for my omelet.

Overall, I'd do both options again, especially armed with the breakfast intel I gathered from my previous cruise.

But my initial question was very specific... 

Was there buffet now in the MDR? 

3 minutes ago, Chadster said:

No. No buffet. They said they didn't know when or if it would return.

That's unfortunate... I'm sure it would return. Not sure why not now... Since Windjammer is same setup... 

2 minutes ago, Vlad said:

That's unfortunate... I'm sure it would return. Not sure why not now... Since Windjammer is same setup... 

Honestly, I think it comes down to staffing levels. A lot of the crew who worked in the MDR in the evening were turning around and working in the WJ in the mornings.

2 minutes ago, Chadster said:

Honestly, I think it comes down to staffing levels. A lot of the crew who worked in the MDR in the evening were turning around and working in the WJ in the mornings.

That's logical...