Jump to content
CruiseLifeRick

Current Cruise Director & Activities Manager List

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, darkchocolate said:

Oasis of the Seas, April 2019.  Thank you!

As Oasis is heading to Europe, there will likely be a changeover at some point around then, not just of CD's but also of many other crew. 

For OA at the moment, Dan Whitney is the regular CD. He should be due his vacation in the next few weeks. If he returns to Oasis, he will probably be back from November until March and then Michele Scarpato will probably come to do the Europe season starting either before the TA (April 21st) or after the TA (May 5th). 

So I'm afraid that even if Dan returns, I can't predict who will be there in April as that will fall in the gap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Joe01 said:

As Oasis is heading to Europe, there will likely be a changeover at some point around then, not just of CD's but also of many other crew. 

For OA at the moment, Dan Whitney is the regular CD. He should be due his vacation in the next few weeks. If he returns to Oasis, he will probably be back from November until March and then Michele Scarpato will probably come to do the Europe season starting either before the TA (April 21st) or after the TA (May 5th). 

So I'm afraid that even if Dan returns, I can't predict who will be there in April as that will fall in the gap.

What is "TA"?  We are sailing April 14th.  So it sounds like that might be the last cruise for the Oasis of the Seas before it heads to Europe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes - it's the Transatlantic cruise. April 14th is her last Caribbean cruise until November 2019. 

This doesn't always happen, but generally, there is usually a changeover of Cruise Director either before or after the Transatlantic crossing (give or take a few weeks either side as well). The European market needs different types of CD's. Usually one with the appropriate language skills, or for the UK market, someone who is British and has a style which will appeal to that demographic, which is why we see Rob McNally & Joff Eaton as the two CD's on the Southampton ships every year and it is always a British CD who would cover the remainder of the season (Cuddy is now on NV and Tim will be on ID after Joff). 

As Oasis will be in Barcelona, they probably will need someone who speaks the languages, so probably Michele is my guess given that Jerome is no longer with Royal and Michele has a lot of Oasis Class experience (including Symphony this year). 

Basically, in a nutshell, it's hard to predict as it falls in the gap between when Dan would leave and when a changeover for the Europe season will occur.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't believe that Michele leaves Symphony in 2 days. That ship will not be the same without him. Luckily Abe will be there in 2 months to fill the void. 

Michele did a fantastic job for the inaugural season of a brand new ship in Europe. Wishing him a great vacation and thanks for all he did for SY's success this summer.

Anyone else had a CD recently who you liked? Also, if you have updates, please add to the doc. I still read the thread on CC periodically but it doesn't feel very active these days. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only CD I have had that really made a difference or stood out is Marc Walker.......been lucky enough to have him for 4 or 5 of my cruises.....I did enjoy the duo they had in Indy back in 2016 before they fired them and they went to Carnival...Frank the Tank and.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, monctonguy said:

rank the Tank and.....

 Leigh! I had them back in 2012 on Explorer and they were a great team. Leigh was a very different style of CD which was refreshing. I also had Frankie with Jimmy Rhodes in 2014 on Oasis. He seemed to be pretty good as well. I wish they were still with Royal, but maybe I'll give Carnival a try one day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Tim Connor starts September 22. It is unclear if it is for 2 or 4 months. If it is four months, then you are in luck. He is the best CD I have come across in all of my sailings!

Can confirm, Tim is amazing!

Enjoy your cruise @brownn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JLMoran said:

Just checked and I see that I'll be just missing Dennis Charles for CD on Anthem (departs the day I embark), and instead I'll have Dru Pavlov. Will Mr. Pavlov leave me salivating every time he rings a bell? 😉

I have absolutely no idea what you mean by that. Dru seems well liked by many, if that helps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Joe01 said:

I have absolutely no idea what you mean by that.

Was making a silly reference to Ivan Pavlov, who gained notoriety for his experiments with conditioned response training. He mainly worked with dogs, and would train them to salivate whenever he would ring a bell by first associating the bell in their minds with being given food (positive conditioning), so that eventually any time a bell was rung they'd expect food and start salivating in response.

Basically, was asking if Dru would be such a great cruise director that by the end of my cruise I'd be "salivating" in expectation of a good time if I simply heard his name (metaphorical ringing of the bell).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JLMoran said:

Just checked and I see that I'll be just missing Dennis Charles for CD on Anthem (departs the day I embark), and instead I'll have Dru Pavlov. Will Mr. Pavlov leave me salivating every time he rings a bell? 😉

From what I have read and followed, you are better off with Dru.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, JLMoran said:

btw, if you haven't yet figured it out -- I'm a huge pop culture and trivia nerd, and often lace my conversations with side references and such that I hope folks will get and find amusing. 😁

Taling about trivia, I've heard that Dru often hosts some trivia on the ship. Might be worth checking out.

Edited by Joe01

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you think it is wishful thinking to hope that Tim Connor likes the Freedom Class enough to transfer to Liberty out of Texas for July?? :100_pray:

I asked Marc if he was expecting to return to Liberty after his vacation. He didn't say no, but his reply implied that he would likely be somewhere else. John Blair's FB posts imply that he is staying on Radiance next year. Those are the two recent regulars on LB. I know not to judge people who I've not met myself, but Jeff Arpin (who has also worked on LB quite often) does not participate in the events such as 70's night alongside a bizarre L&M format (at least from his GR days), so I hope it won't be him.

Keeping my fingers crossed that it will be a competent CD alongside a fun and high energy personality! Any recommendations? It looks as if I will be having a completely new CD next year if I do LB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Joe01 said:

Do you think it is wishful thinking to hope that Tim Connor likes the Freedom Class enough to transfer to Liberty out of Texas for July?? :100_pray:

I asked Marc if he was expecting to return to Liberty after his vacation. He didn't say no, but his reply implied that he would likely be somewhere else. John Blair's FB posts imply that he is staying on Radiance next year. Those are the two recent regulars on LB. I know not to judge people who I've not met myself, but Jeff Arpin (who has also worked on LB quite often) does not participate in the events such as 70's night alongside a bizarre L&M format (at least from his GR days), so I hope it won't be him.

Keeping my fingers crossed that it will be a competent CD alongside a fun and high energy personality! Any recommendations? It looks as if I will be having a completely new CD next year if I do LB.

I would say it is way too far out to even think about or predict.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I would say it is way too far out to even think about or predict.

You're probably right, but i might need to book something ASAP. I wish they put a provisional schedule out 1 year in advance.

However, I do know who is scheduled to be Captain and I'm hoping that will change. CD, HD and Capt are the 3 individuals responsible for setting the tone on the ship.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/30/2018 at 12:47 PM, josiehart said:

Where do we find the list?  I am looking for the CD and AM for the Serenade of the Seas Beantown to Beaches cruise Oct 28 - Nov 9.  TIA!

Hi Josie, welcome to the Blog!  We're on that sailing too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...