Odyssey Sailing from Israel in the midst of the present situation

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

Haifa fortunately is well out of the way of the main conflict zone.

Very accurate.

Just like how "hurricane coming to Florida" in the news doesn't mean the entire state is enveloped in a hurricane, Haifa is quite far from the range of the rudimentary rockets Hamas is firing off.

4 hours ago, PG Cruiser said:

How do you think will the present situation in Israel affect the sailing of Odyssey from Haifa (Israel)?  

Let us please just discuss this from the safety of the cruisers perspective, not from any political view.

As people said , Haifa is currently not in the range of most of the rockets nor targets of the rockets + the iron dome is also covering Haifa.

Anyway , 18 days is allot of time and most likely the situation will be normal. 

If something worries me about starting the cruise from Haifa on time is the crew vaccine status ... 

7 minutes ago, Traveler said:

As people said , Haifa is currently not in the range of most of the rockets nor targets of the rockets + the iron dome is also covering Haifa.

Anyway , 18 days is allot of time and most likely the situation will be normal. 

If something worries me about starting the cruise from Haifa on time is the crew vaccine status ... 

There's already some buzz going on in another thread about Odyssey heading to the US sooner.

Hi guys, I run a cruise blog focusing on the Middle East, the latest info that I've been told by the RCCL press team (last night) was that Odyssey's cruises from Israel are going ahead as planned. Of course, with the situation over there being as it is, that could change overnight, but the latest seems to be that they're not changing the deployment.

Haifa is well away from the main conflict zone, and Odyssey is only beginning her cruise season in June, so it might be that they're waiting to see how the situation evolves, or may have determined that Haifa is safe enough to cruise from. 

The original article is here: https://cruisearabiaonline.com/2021/05/13/royal-caribbean-monitoring-situation-in-israel-but-odyssey-of-the-seas-plans-unchanged/

12 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

There's already some buzz going on in another thread about Odyssey heading to the US sooner.

I think it might be combination of things  , Odyssey was planned to be in Haifa for two days only (you can see it in port of Haifa ship calendar ) , so it had to leave anyway without any connection to the status. I do not believe RCL would have cancel all the cruises from Haifa for this summer after few days of the situation, specially that in the past such situation lasted  a week or two.  Take into consideration the ship is well booked and I do not see RCL given up all the revenue switching it with the unknown when cruise will start at the US ..

So , I guess if the ship is really going to the US the only reason is for getting the vaccine as I am not sure Israel health ministry approved to give it to the crew (mainly after it was in the news ...)  while in the US they are already approved to. 

In that case , it might be back for beginning of July , not good for me as my two cruise dates are in June , but if needed I will reschedule it. 

Well I guess we will know soon enough and not need to guess.

7 minutes ago, twangster said:

With Florida giving out vaccines to crew you'd think they sail over with as many crew as possible.  Curious why they are transferring some to Anthem.  

Currently we can just speculate , same I can I ask myself if the ship really going to the US to start and cruise from Florida wouldn't you want to take all the crews that already trained on the ship and know the ship and its procedures ?    , lets wait few more days (or until a new vlog will share some more information) 

1 hour ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Wouldn't it be cheaper to deliver the vaccines to the crew instead of the other way around?

Yes , but not sure the US will allow to get it outside of the US , also to its not easy to transfer the vaccine (which need to be kept in very very cold temperature) its not easy.  

18 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Wouldn't it be cheaper to deliver the vaccines to the crew instead of the other way around?

I don't think the vaccine is being handed over to Royal.  In Florida crew go on shore, get vaccinated by a local healthcare provider then reboard.

It's not like Royal bought cases of vaccine and can ship it where ever they want.