Australia/NZ Cruising News

45 minutes ago, mattymay said:

Not sure, however I think that pretty much confirms that Anthem will be in Sydney.

Yikes..I guess we're stuck with QN class... I guess it's still *technically* a new ship...

Anthem is supposed to make a stop in Hong Kong in April of 2025.. so maybe Royal are doing Sydney > Asia routes again? 

hong kong anthem.png

1 hour ago, Jamesszy94 said:

Yikes..I guess we're stuck with QN class... I guess it's still *technically* a new ship...

Anthem is supposed to make a stop in Hong Kong in April of 2025.. so maybe Royal are doing Sydney > Asia routes again? 

hong kong anthem.png

Anthem is in Singapore over Christmas and then goes to Alaska via Hong Kong and Japan.

4 hours ago, mattymay said:

Makes sense, straight swap with Singapore for Anthem. I wonder where it is going for the 

I thought Ovation might have been going to the Mediterranean but it looks like it staying around.

2 minutes ago, Chili said:

That’s a Hong Kong October booking,it’s a wild guess but it could be a repositioning to Alaska.

I thought Ovation might have been going to the Mediterranean but it looks like it staying around.

This is getting confusing, I see what you are saying but the '25 Alaska season is already confirmed with Anthem and Quantum. Are you saying they would add Ovation to that?

38 minutes ago, mattymay said:

This is getting confusing, I see what you are saying but the '25 Alaska season is already confirmed with Anthem and Quantum. Are you saying they would add Ovation to that?

sorry you right ,I’ve got my seasons mixed up.

10 minutes ago, mattymay said:

Interesting to see how this affects Anthem and Voyager who both need to make their way into the Pacific over the next few years.

From Voyages bookings,if it does comes here ?

It’s got bookings in Brisbane from December 2025 .

It now has 6 weeks to get here from its last booking in Rome November 3rd .
It previously had about 3.5 weeks to come through the Suez Canal.

So I would say it’s coming around the bottom of Africa .

IMG_1068.thumb.png.d34c35f8bd8b0246093cce7d86e93bbf.png

1 hour ago, Chili said:

So I would say it’s coming around the bottom of Africa .

Most likely, but clearly Virgin don't think it's worth the trouble. I guess they only have 4 ships, where Royal has to put them all somewhere I suppose.

I've booked the Singapore repo so that one works, but I guess the China dates are the test load for next weeks release.

Perhaps one of the Q's is sharing with Singapore half year? There is not much left for Singapore release assuming Anthem and Voyager are for Australia. Only Radiance and Serenade.

On 3/5/2024 at 1:36 PM, mattymay said:

Booked! 

image.thumb.png.7c7861485e4c5cb78b65d28b8356621c.png

I'm trying to convince my dad to go with me on that repo, so I might bump into you. He's not too sold on the idea that we have to fly back from Singapore though... one way on Qantas shouldn't be too expensive right? 🤣 Especially since you get 30kg of checked baggage included.. don't really want to pay an arm and a leg for Scoot where they charge you for literally everything.

27 minutes ago, Jamesszy94 said:

I'm trying to convince my dad to go with me on that repo, so I might bump into you. He's not too sold on the idea that we have to fly back from Singapore though... one way on Qantas shouldn't be too expensive right? 🤣 Especially since you get 30kg of checked baggage included.. don't really want to pay an arm and a leg for Scoot where they charge you for literally everything.

It ends in school holidays so there is potential for more expensive flights.

4 minutes ago, mattymay said:

It ends in school holidays so there is potential for more expensive flights.

Too bad we can't look up flights now... 😥

But one way would still be cheaper than Return, so it shouldn't be too bad either way.

On 3/5/2024 at 1:36 PM, mattymay said:

Booked! 

image.thumb.png.7c7861485e4c5cb78b65d28b8356621c.png

I just spied this one this week and am seriously considering booking too!

Only thing is, I’ll be cruising with a baby for the first time - he’ll be about 1.5 at this time. Has anyone done this before? Do you use a portacot or something different? 

4 hours ago, Vanessa77 said:

I just spied this one this week and am seriously considering booking too!

Only thing is, I’ll be cruising with a baby for the first time - he’ll be about 1.5 at this time. Has anyone done this before? Do you use a portacot or something different? 

Will be on Pacific Adventure in a few weeks with our 7 month old grand daughter. Will let you know how it goes 😆

I'm guessing a portacot is the best option. I think they have them on Royal ships.

Just attended the session where they ask questions to the captain and the other officers.

Something mentioned about Lelepa in 2026 (couldn't hear properly cause people wouldn't stop talking over the captain - lowkey a bit rude)

Captain basically confirmed Ovation (and by extension Quantum and Anthem, dunno about Odyssey or Spectrum) is the largest ship that will fit into Sydney, unless they get a bigger port. He mentioned something about 7 metre gap between the ship and the rock - again couldn't hear properly cause people wouldn't be quiet.. 😢

Hotel Director also basically confirmed that Ovation is going into Dry Dock in 2026.

There were a few questions I wanted to ask but didn't get the chance cause people kept rambling on.. 😅

Was talking to the NextCruise lady and I asked her about if Voyager was coming down to Sydney and she said that's what a lot of other passengers are saying and she said nothing has been confirmed yet. Nothing confirmed for Brisbane/didn't ask. I vaguely remember her mentioning Anthem as a possibility because she said Spectrum is going to China so Ovation is heading to Singapore

When I have seen clear evidence of a new deployment and inquired at NextCruise they typically are clueless.  For something like Icon there were probably sales conferences to explain cabin types and so on so NC may have head some inside knowledge but probably not deployment dates or home port until it was imminent.

As far as existing ships moving to new home ports over the years I've yet to see any evidence NC has any insight before we do.  The rumors they've suggested have more often been proven incorrect in the end.  

It's always interesting to hear what they say but I wouldn't put a lot of value on their rumors.  

On more than one occasion I've raced down to NC and they didn't even know a ship was available for booking yet on a new deployment.  

Only a couple more weeks until we finally know.

i really hate these staggered deployments as they make it difficult to plan holidays.

After the Australia cruises are released we have to wait for Singapore in May. 

I want to see them all so I can decide whether to travel further afield.

I’m hoping we get a Radiance class in Sydney along with Anthem.

Has anyone worked out where Voyager is going after Brisbane season?

Now that’s the big question,It won’t be going to America and I don’t think it would suit Asia .
Is it staying here year round???

Maybe Dubai. .??

47 minutes ago, Chili said:

Now that’s the big question,It won’t be going to America and I don’t think it would suit Asia .

Maybe Dubai. .??

I don't think Royal knows.

I suspect they are testing the market in China and I suspect they are monitoring Brisbane's market to determine the right size ship.  They will watch booking trends and based on a few more months of data they will make decisions about these ships over the coming months.

11 hours ago, twangster said:

When I have seen clear evidence of a new deployment and inquired at NextCruise they typically are clueless.  For something like Icon there were probably sales conferences to explain cabin types and so on so NC may have head some inside knowledge but probably not deployment dates or home port until it was imminent.

As far as existing ships moving to new home ports over the years I've yet to see any evidence NC has any insight before we do.  The rumors they've suggested have more often been proven incorrect in the end.  

It's always interesting to hear what they say but I wouldn't put a lot of value on their rumors.  

On more than one occasion I've raced down to NC and they didn't even know a ship was available for booking yet on a new deployment.  

Yeah, I basically took everything she said with a grain of salt. I just wanted to see if they had any extra insight. 

9 hours ago, Chili said:

Maybe Dubai. .??

Well, at the session with the captains and the officers on my recent OV cruise - a question was asked about putting a ship here all year around, I vaguely remember the captain or the hotel director? Saying that Royal has been talking about putting a ship in Australia year round but nothing has come to fruition yet because of a lot of logistical issues or something. So yeah, I doubt Voyager is staying here year round. We just have to wait and see I guess. But also I have a feeling she won't go to Dubai - with the current political situation going on around the Red Sea. I know Dubai isn't in the Red Sea - but it's still in the Middle East and that entire region is basically unstable at the moment.

10 hours ago, Jamesszy94 said:

I'm just hoping that when we finally get the new deployment in a couple of weeks time, that we see more variation of the ports instead of the usual Adelaide/Tasmania, South Pacific or New Zealand cruises. 

Don't hold your breath. The one that Royal do really consistently is repeat the same old itineraries year after year. 😕